A post I never wanted to make

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
If you are looking at a hybrid for financial reasons, unless you drive an absolute ton of miles and are keeping it for 10 years or so, its not the smart move. Compare the purchase price of a Camry Hybrid vs a Camry non-hybrid, for example. It takes over 150,000 miles before the added cost of the Hybrid pays for the gas savings.

The Hybrid Vehicle Break Even Calculator | Calculators and Tools and you can play around with the numbers.

If you are trying to dig yourself out of debt, a good value used car, like Ford Fusion or Toyota Camry, is a much better way to help yourself out than a hybrid.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
If you are looking at a hybrid for financial reasons, unless you drive an absolute ton of miles and are keeping it for 10 years or so, its not the smart move.

Absolutely correct. I commute more than 50K miles per year just for work. After my research was over even I didn't buy a hybrid. I got a VW Jetta diesel. That diesel should last much longer than a hybrid and I can average 45 mpg on the highway. I wish I could do that with my Ram. Ha!!

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don't blame ya. Gotta do what you gotta do, hit up Craigslist or something. Maybe you could get a little Beamer or something for around that much. Maybe a Honda.

OP
OP
zuiquan1

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh hey I'm back!

So I ended up getting an 08 Nissan Sentra, nice little car and was pretty well optioned out.(ease the pain of switching lol) I was able to cut my payments completely in half and went up to 35mpg.

Its not a Ram and has zero power, but she'll do. I'll probably put a sub in it and call it a day. Dont have any aspirations to do any mods on this one(which is probably a good thing)

Some pics-

Hemi-in-it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best Wishes

You can take the person out of the truck, but you can't take the truck out of the person. Best wishes.

2nazt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
congrats on the new purchase, and total respect for you fixing the problem and stepping up. The ram's will be here waiting for you to get back, don't worry. Best of luck getting everything straightened out

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I owned a nissan sentra. Pretty good little car. Very reliable and easy to work on. I have some family that has well over 100k of HARD MILESTONE on his and it still runs good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Props to you for stepping up and taking the bull by the horns.
My '01 Sentra has 247,000km of HARD "miles" ranging from hard street driving to full-out auto-X seasons up to Regional finals. It has been near bullet proof. Hope yours treats you as wekll for as long as you need it.

pmaru77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know how old you are, but I waited 62 years to get a gas guzzling big hunk of metal PU. I drove small econo vehicles many years. Buying something to be cool is so uncool to me. But diff strokes. Talk about uncool, I drove a full size van for building materials, and it was a v10 guzzler. No cool person drives a van (real van) right? Mind you, it was 10 years old when I got it, not brand new like the RAM.

You are coming to your senses, AND THAT IS HUGE. Assuming you are not 62 years old, you will be back some day driving a RAM when the time is right.

:fishing1: for fish ...not words.