Price on some paint work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, with Mopars at the Strip coming up in a month and a half and I'm wanting to throw my truck in the car show, I decided it was finally time to get some prices for some of the stuff I want done. First off, I want to get rid of the plasti-dip, it served it's purpose perfectly for awhile but now it's time to go permanent. Second, my front bumper and grille both need some refreshing as they've both been hit by a ton of rocks and my bumper has a few deep scratches through the paint.

So here's what I'm looking at price wise...

Front bumper repaint & license plate holes fill in $200-250
Grille repaint/cross hairs matte black & Ram head painted red/matte black $175
2500 fender flares matte black $200
All interior silver trim pieces/center console bezel/gauge cluster bezel ~$200

I wont be able to get anything done for probably another 2 weeks or so as I need to wait for my tax return to do it but yea, that's what I'm looking at for now.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I wish you were local. We'd kill those prices.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm gonna also be in need of this.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So JJ what could you do on a custom painted grill two tone mg cross hair and pxr souround?

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Those prices don't seem bad, about what I'd expect to pay around my area.

My front and rear bumpers really need some touching up as well.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
So JJ what could you do on a custom painted grill two tone mg cross hair and pxr souround?

your shipping on that will freakin' kill it man. Those damn boxes are HUGE

OP
OP
2K10HemiRam

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go see Mesha at Divine

he and Amber will dial you in.

...::: Divine 1 Customs :::...

That's way down there...I may have to check them out though. My only thing is, I'll be removing everything myself to save labor fee's and unless I get a buddy to drive me down there with all the parts, I kind of have a iffy feeling about drive without a bumper and grille installed, lol. Sure I'll work something out soon though.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
cool, sorry, thought you were in vegas.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My painter won't even open a can of paint for less than 125-150. Those prices are pretty good. I'd jump on it, depending on the quality of work.
Jay

OP
OP
2K10HemiRam

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
cool, sorry, thought you were in vegas.

I am, I'm just all the way up in north vegas and to drive down there, it'd take a little longer then I'd be comfortable with to do without a grille or bumper installed when it would come to the day of painting, lol. I'm sure one of my buddies would be willing to help out.

My painter won't even open a can of paint for less than 125-150. Those prices are pretty good. I'd jump on it, depending on the quality of work.
Jay

The quality is good for sure. Seen a bunch of pictures of their paint jobs and some of the cars that were outside, this dude doesn't play around, lol.

unclemark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 4.7
I work at a shop part time and cant give you a good answer on prices since thats not my area but think about this.... there is a lot of prep work involved in what you want to do. The parts will have to come off and then scuffed any chips dents or dings filled primed then blocked, painted water sanded then buffed except for the flat black then reinstalled ..... clear runs around 500 bucks a gallon for the good stuff plus reducer and activator etc... which it wont take that much but just sayin materials aint cheap...... you get what you pay for.... all in all when i get done with mine it will be in the neighborhood of 8k for the repaint two tone deal door jambs with some minor body work and all and im not doing a complete color change either just custom tribal two tone.......

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I will be back in Vegas this summer,will give you a shout, maybe meet for a beer...was in Vegas 3 times this year, LOL

OP
OP
2K10HemiRam

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I work at a shop part time and cant give you a good answer on prices since thats not my area but think about this.... there is a lot of prep work involved in what you want to do. The parts will have to come off and then scuffed any chips dents or dings filled primed then blocked, painted water sanded then buffed except for the flat black then reinstalled ..... clear runs around 500 bucks a gallon for the good stuff plus reducer and activator etc... which it wont take that much but just sayin materials aint cheap...... you get what you pay for.... all in all when i get done with mine it will be in the neighborhood of 8k for the repaint two tone deal door jambs with some minor body work and all and im not doing a complete color change either just custom tribal two tone.......

I wasn't thinking it was expensive, complaining, or anything like that. I think those are fair prices based on others I've seen plus, I have seen a bit of their stuff and talked to the painter who told me how he likes to do his work, which I thought was pretty cool. But I like their prices and I can't wait to get this stuff ready to paint. I just need to take care of a few other things before I can start ripping parts off and sending them in.

I will be back in Vegas this summer,will give you a shout, maybe meet for a beer...was in Vegas 3 times this year, LOL

Sounds good

unclemark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 4.7
I wasn't thinking it was expensive, complaining, or anything like that. I think those are fair prices based on others I've seen plus, I have seen a bit of their stuff and talked to the painter who told me how he likes to do his work, which I thought was pretty cool. But I like their prices and I can't wait to get this stuff ready to paint. I just need to take care of a few other things before I can start ripping parts off and sending them in.

No bud I wasn't thinking you were complaining or anything like that what so ever, I apologize if I made it appear that way that was not my intention. Those are good prices for sure I was just trying to help give you an idea of what costs were around my neck of the woods and just to make sure he was gonna do you right on quality and not cut corners on you thats all. Mine is so high because of the time involved in the prep work, airbrush work booth time striping and all that kinda stuff but it can give you an idea of costs..... ill somewhere in the neighborhood of 100hrs of labor in mine when its done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2K10HemiRam

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No bud I wasn't thinking you were complaining or anything like that what so ever, I apologize if I made it appear that way that was not my intention. Those are good prices for sure I was just trying to help give you an idea of what costs were around my neck of the woods and just to make sure he was gonna do you right on quality and not cut corners on you thats all. Mine is so high because of the time involved in the prep work, airbrush work booth time striping and all that kinda stuff but it can give you an idea of costs..... ill somewhere in the neighborhood of 100hrs of labor in mine when its done.

It's cool, I didn't really think you were, I think it was just the way I read it made it seem in a way like it was, ya know? haha.

That's a lot of time, damn. But you can't rush quality so I'll be interested in seeing how it turns out.

65Bowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do paint and body on the side sometimes and love it when my "friends" who want me to do the work for them scoff at the price. Wanting to pay me less than the materials alone.

unclemark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 4.7
Yea I cant wait either been working on it off and on since mid Dec...lol I had been dreaming about doing something different but just couldnt bring myself to start it because of money and it was still so new to me. I didnt mind the suspension work and all but the paint and body I was just nervouse about touching. Then along came a careless ass driver that had just gotten their liscense back after having it suspended for a prior accident and passed me in the on coming lane then sideswiped me trying to get back over to avoid another vehicle head on that was coming towards us in the process...lol after having that happen the newness and all was gone from the truck and it didnt bother me anymore...lol.... Im half nervous about it because once its done its done.lol I cant afford to do it twice. I know what ever he does its going to look good I just hope Im making the right choices in colors and patterns etc... If it were not for the fact of my working at the shop part time I could never have afforded to do the work I want to do to it, I traded my time there back to cover almost all the labor so I only need to worry about the supplies.... hopefully it will be done by the end of the month..... I hope lol

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Paint here is ******** high..plus the fact that I dont know anyone doesnt help the case. Im dropping my bumpers off in Raliegh this week to get them PC'd to match the lower half (Longhorn style) for $400. Then Im buying an OEM grille painted to match Brilliant Black instead of having it painted. I wanted to have the freaking handles painted too but Ill end up buying those OEM since the painters here are crazy high. One day I want my Tows painted but that will have to wait till i find someone worthy lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock