Problems and Problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need to hire you to go after Chrysler for me - the door on my 2012 is getting a little squeaky.

No seriously, where are the pictures?!! I don't know how bad the blemish could have been if you (and presumably others) didn't notice it for at least a year. Post pictures!! Let's see how bad this was.

Frivelous claims (if that's what it was, and hopefully it wasn't) costs everyone else money. You might find the re-paint will have it's own set of blemishes too and depending on the workmanship, may not even last as long or other issues. There's virtually no such thing as a 'perfect' paint job ..although most people would like to wrap themselves in a warm blanket and believe so. I and others who have done paint/body work for many years can walk around pretty much any vehicle, even high-dollar show cars and find flaws. It illustrates how difficult it is to produce a fine finish on a vehicle.

Last edited:

Trooper2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need you to work for me. I called the local dealer to ask about warrenty work if I have any and they told me I can't bring it to them. I have to go to where I bought it. Can't wait to fight that battle.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad Ram Cares (Andrea) took care of you. I haven't had any factory or dealer related problems with my Ram but have confidence my dealer would do everything they could to make it right if a problem arose. Good dealerships are worth their weight in gold.

Last edited:

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MikeinNJ, I'm glad everything worked out, but even gladder that you went the distance to tell everyone. Sometimes we are quick yo make noise, but not so quick to offer thanks and fill the rest of the world in.

Glad things went your way! :favorites13:

OP
OP
M

MikeinNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to hire you to go after Chrysler for me - the door on my 2012 is getting a little squeaky.

No seriously, where are the pictures?!! I don't know how bad the blemish could have been if you (and presumably others) didn't notice it for at least a year. Post pictures!! Let's see how bad this was.

Frivelous claims (if that's what it was, and hopefully it wasn't) costs everyone else money. You might find the re-paint will have it's own set of blemishes too and depending on the workmanship, may not even last as long or other issues. There's virtually no such thing as a 'perfect' paint job ..although most people would like to wrap themselves in a warm blanket and believe so. I and others who have done paint/body work for many years can walk around pretty much any vehicle, even high-dollar show cars and find flaws. It illustrates how difficult it is to produce a fine finish on a vehicle.

I might have a picture or two on my phone, but they aren't the best quality and it may not even show. I'm certainly not a photographer, and since the truck is silver, its seems a bit harder to capture the difference in color.

I only bought the vehicle back in March as a CPO, didn't realize the blemish until June, and didn't get it into the dealer until July. Why didn't I notice it earlier? I have no idea - I simply didn't.

For what its worth, there was a blemish about the size and shape of an egg. No one, from multiple body shops and 2 dealers, ever denied there was a defect or faulty workmanship. It was simply a culmination of events and circumstances that lead me to pursuing having the hood re-painted. Some of these I mentioned in my original post, but at this stage there is no point in rehashing everything that transpired from the time of my purchase until now.

In no way would I consider it a frivolous claim. We all spend good money on our trucks, and for what I paid on this as a Limited (that sounds snobbier than I want it to sound, lol), the blemish was not acceptable.

As for the new paint job, only time will tell. Unlike you, I don't do paint and body work, but I certainly have expectations that it will be perfect to my laymen's eye. Perhaps you, as a professional would notice something that I won't. That's OK, as long as it meets my expectations. The factory original paint did not do this.

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2013 had bubbles appear in the paint. The first time I went to the dealership they never put in the claim. Then when I went back they had to redo the paperwork. They finally repainted it and did a fine job. You could see a little more pearl in the sections they painted but nothing is perfect but I traded the truck in and it never hurt the value.

I'm glad they took care of you and hope it last for a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk