Prospective 09 high mileage owner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're asking $19,500 for this one. I haven't gotten a chance to see it in person yet, but it does have the Big Horn pkg on it. While I'd love a new truck, it's still out of my $$ range, and I'm looking to get a track car as well. :)

I got my 09 SLT with the 4.7 and 42,000 miles for 17,500 4 months ago. They want almost 20? That's insane!

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I bought mine new in October '09 now it has just over 46000 miles on it now. I have sometimes felt a slight vibration from the MDS from time to time but has never been a concern. I have considered turning it off with my tuner but it really does help with the MPGs. My Ram was my first Mopar purchase and I couldn't be more satisfied.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
96k miles on a 09 means HIGHWAY prob a good buy just test drive it and see. only thing i can tell you is its just like any thing you buy, over time it gets old. but this one should last you very good if it has gone 96k miles in 4 years

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you can afford $19,500 you should be able to afford just a little bit more. I'd pay the extra for a new one with peace of mind and a warranty. Do you absolutely have to have a crew cab? If you go for a crew cab they are the most expensive. I'd go with a quad cab. They still have plenty of space in the back plus you get the bigger bed. $19,500 puts you into a $400 payment range with 60 month loan and mind you interest rates are higher on used vehicles.

If you could get into a new one for 24k (for example) with a 3.2% interest loan for 72 months you'd be looking at a payment of $366.80 a month. You might be able to get a quad cab for a bit cheaper new out the door. At least look into it, I urge you. With used you might be getting a gem that was well taken care of, or you could be getting a **** that someone drove into the ground. Don't forget the 09s are a first year production.

Last edited: