proud Ram owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackjack99574

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first post here. Been enjoying the site for a few months now. Great site. Helped me decide i wanted to trade my 2003 GMC 3500 CC DURAMAX dually in for a 12 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Crew cab this past December and after owning my truck a whole 30 minutes I get T-boned going through an intersection by a woman running a red light while talking on her cell phone. Couldn't believe what just happened. Luckily no one was hurt and we both walked away without a scratch but my new to me truck with only 36000 miles just got crunched due to her talking on her cell while rushing to a party.

My insurance took good care of me and the truck and after being in the body shop since December 9th I finally got to pick up truck 2 days ago. Or so I thought. I called the body shop to let them know I was flying into town to get the truck ( live in the bush in Alaska) and he says it ready for pickup. When I show up the manager and the owner take me in back and let me know someone scratched my new paint job that day but no one was confessing to who did it. They swore they would fix it asap and make it right with me. They covered a rental car for the night and told me they would keep the crew all night to fix the dent and scratch and would be ready the next morning at 10 am. Showed up the next day and truck was repaired n painted again along with a full buffing and wax. Told me if I needed anything in the future to call and they would get me taken care that day. Planning on my wife's 14 Ram 1500 and mine getting a full detail and wax this fall. Not often you find customer service like this. They did a great job rebuilding my truck and made sure no shortcuts were taken along the way. I've heard horror stories of others having a vehicle worked on and not satisfied with the repairs and paid out the nose to get it done. These guys have earned my respect and loyalty from here on out. I plan on having them care for my vehicle and my wife's from now on. Looking forward to seeing the amazing vehicles everyone posts on here and slowly modding mine as money allows. Keep up the great work! Brian

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should name the body shop on here. It might get them some well earned business. Folks on this site like hearing about the good shops and dealerships out there since they seem to be few and far between.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the Forum. Good to here you had a good experience from a shop.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Welcome!

OP
OP
blackjack99574

blackjack99574

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the warm welcome. Lithia Anchorage Auto Body performed all the work and handled my insurance work on the claim as well. Never even met my insurance agent. Not that he was any help or informative about anything. Look forward to doing more business with the shop in the future.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad it worked out and everybody was safe. With that said, the first thought that ran through my mind 2-3 sentence in, my impressions that after the tbone, it would be a total lost. How hard did she hit you? If it was a 15mph hit, that's one thing, but if she ran a red light, she must have hit you pretty good.

How bad was the damage and what side did she hit you...and I'm assuming there was frame damage? I'm willing to bet that cost to repair it was pretty high...how close was it for the insurance company to call it a total lost?

**Truck name: Rampage**

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome!!! Glad your truck got fixed correctly and you've found a place you can trust.
Jay

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Welcome to the forum!

Glad it worked out and everybody was safe. With that said, the first thought that ran through my mind 2-3 sentence in, my impressions that after the tbone, it would be a total lost. How hard did she hit you? If it was a 15mph hit, that's one thing, but if she ran a red light, she must have hit you pretty good.

How bad was the damage and what side did she hit you...and I'm assuming there was frame damage? I'm willing to bet that cost to repair it was pretty high...how close was it for the insurance company to call it a total lost?

+1. When a semi ran a red light on me last December, it did just under $33000 in estimated damage to my 2013 truck (that I bought in September, just months before). They were still afraid they'd discover more mechanical damage after they starting putting it back together again, as everything was twisted or shifted in the direction of the passenger side. It was totaled out, and thats how I got my 2014.

OP
OP
blackjack99574

blackjack99574

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

**Truck name: Rampage**

She hit me doing about 25. Luckily the roads were icy n we slid across the intersection. The truck took the hit very well. No frame damage but $14,000 worth of sheet metal damage. Geico covered all the cost. Can't tell truck was ever worked on. Got me on my drivers side right behind my door. I got lucky she missed me. I'll work on posting some pics.