Pulsing accelerator pedal???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

603photog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hey, y'all. I've been noticing an issue with my accelerator pedal on my 2012 Big Horn. When cruising down the road at a fairly consistent speed - meaning not much variation in throttle pressure -, I feel a pulse in my pedal.

I've never run into this before. Brakes and clutches, sure, all the time. Rotors out of round, etc. But a throttle pulse??? I'm stumped. Help? Thanks!

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
Try changing the music you are listening to and see if it goes away.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^ NO , try turning the music off, the fan off everything as quiet as you can and then pay close attention to what conditions this occurs. check your tires, lug nutz, and look for uneven wear.

I have a similar issue and can see cupping in my LF tire. I just had 4 new tires and an alignment so I am going to take my truck back there.

OP
OP
603photog

603photog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks for the replies. It's definitely not a tire-wear issue. That's easy to discern through other indicators in the vehicle. It almost feels like some sort of mechanical feedback through the linkage and only noticeable when driving at a steady speed. Like I say, I've never experienced it before. Guess I have some troubleshooting to do....

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, there is no throttle linkage. Get in there and take a look. You have something unrelated to the pedal in the vehicle that is vibrating and causing the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
603photog

603photog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah, there is no throttle linkage. Get in there and take a look. You have something unrelated to the pedal in the vehicle that is vibrating and causing the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know! First Ram and haven't ever had a reason to dig into it. I'm reading some other discussions online with similar complaints. I'll figure it out - just need to take some time to get into things since I already know the dealership's gonna' be useless at helping me (despite my warranty).

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine felt like I had a cell phone on vibrate in my shoe, it is even cyclic.

its a lot better with rotation and rebalance, but still there

Looking into bilstiens for the front

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reset your pedal/throttle position, its done electronically with your key position and gas pedal. Maybe its out of whack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn