Pure Rage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I so hate scumbag dealerships. Bought a 12 Laramie on 10/12 and the thing has been back to the dealer 3 times. Nothing mechanical really but the rear middle seat belt was installed incorrectly and when they basically put a bolt in, they destroyed the buckle somehow and gave it back to my wife. So we had to make another trip to get a new buckle put in.

The thing has also had a rattle in the headliner or roof something fierce. So 9 days ago we take it in to get the rattle stopped, make an appointment 1 week ahead of time, and we still don't have our truck.

But now, the best part, the service guy called yesterday and apparently this truck (it was a demo with 3,200 mi.) had some body work done to remove hail damage. None of this was disclosed at the time of purchase. And....they are taking the truck back to the body shop that did the previous work because they are worried that there may be a weld broke causing the rattle.

So they knowingly sold us a damaged vehicle and did not disclose that information. That information would have certainly have affected the deal we made. Found this little gem to help my cause. http://www.ok.gov/omvc/damagedisclosure.htm

The CS guy has been talking like they may try and find a truck that they can trade for to get us out of this one. His manager isn't in until Fri-Sat because of turkey day. I don't know if they can or not but I want out of this truck. It looks like this could be a reoccurring problem. We negotiated for a new, undamaged truck and received a truck with problems for the same deal as a perfect truck. I am livid. :flame:

What do you guys think the odds of getting into a new truck are? I know they violated OK law by not disclosing the damage but I think all of that would require a lawyer and may not be worth the hassle. Just paid the tag and first payment and we don't even have our damn truck!!!!! :flame:

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Threaten to report them and return the truck. I'm sure they won't want a bad mark on them. Go to the Attorney general of your state if you have to also the Better Business borough. Threaten with alot and they will get worried and should bend over backwards for you.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Yep, Good Luck, I'm sure it will work out in the End.

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in OK too
What dealership did you buy from?
I just bought a 2012 big horn from bob Moore

OP
OP
F

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I'm in OK too
What dealership did you buy from?
I just bought a 2012 big horn from bob Moore

I'll tell you if they don't make it right. Don't want to jack up any goodwill on their part. If they make it right then whatever but they are still on my $hit list for not disclosing the damage in the first place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Threaten to report them and return the truck. I'm sure they won't want a bad mark on them. Go to the Attorney general of your state if you have to also the Better Business borough. Threaten with alot and they will get worried and should bend over backwards for you.

I am definitely going to provide them a link or give them a copy of the statute that they broke. Nothing but leverage for me. I'm going to ask for a new replacement truck and hope for the best. I've already made it crystal clear that I will not be out one red cent on whatever they do. No TTL, keep the warranty I bought, auto loan stays unchanged, the side steps and floor mats I put on stay with me. This is their screw up.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right on, Byron. Don't let them win.
Makes sure you stay cool headed when dealing with them!
:guile-1:

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Document your conversations, keep a accurate time line. Not to be a pessimist but if your gonna push the issue things could go downhill real fast. Trust me I know, it's been 6 mos. dealing with attorneys and still no resolution. Good luck.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you know it was a demo when you bought it? Demos usually aren't treated the best.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Document, document, document all conversations, service tickets, sales disclosures, etc...

Then, review the local laws regarding the lack of disclosure. Review your sales agreement terms. If the documents are too technical from a legal standpoint, consult with a lawyer.

The vehicle may have to manifest other issues before the local law considers it unsafe or not as represented as an item for sale of a certain age or condition.

OP
OP
F

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Did you know it was a demo when you bought it? Demos usually aren't treated the best.

Yes, it had 3215 miles on it. Have purchased demos in the past without incident. What I did not purchase is a vehicle that had body work done to remove hail damage. That would have significantly changed how I was negotiating.

It really brings me to another point that we were after a white truck with tan interior and they said they had it but when we got there, they said that it was already sold. The deal was about 3k better than other dealers I was shopping around on so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. The ol bait and switch. I broke my own rule of ALWAYS walk away at least once. :banghead:

Now I'm wondering if they actually had the one we were looking for but needed to move the one we bought and swindled us into it.

PostalTwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Yes, it had 3215 miles on it. Have purchased demos in the past without incident. What I did not purchase is a vehicle that had body work done to remove hail damage. That would have significantly changed how I was negotiating.

It really brings me to another point that we were after a white truck with tan interior and they said they had it but when we got there, they said that it was already sold. The deal was about 3k better than other dealers I was shopping around on so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. The ol bait and switch. I broke my own rule of ALWAYS walk away at least once. :banghead:

Now I'm wondering if they actually had the one we were looking for but needed to move the one we bought and swindled us into it.

ive had that before i hate bait and switch

WhySoSerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Not Yet
Engine
To Be Announced
Whatever you do don't give up no matter what until you get what you want. It will definitely be a hassle but when you spend good money on a truck like you did.......it's worth it.

I wish you the best. This type of stuff scares me. But not enough to give up, no way should you give up.

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer did that to me i was looking at an 06 5.7 laramie, when i got up there they said it was in the shop and they had serious problems with the cluster and said it might take weeks to get it fixed. So i left and about 15 min down the road they called me and asked if i wanted a ford, so i replied with "Hell No" and hung up the phone. The very next morning they called and said they have another ram that was a year newer if i wanted to look at it. I went up and checked it out and it was a complete mess and not a Hemi either, they said they just got it in as a trade. One window didnt work had a cracked windshield and the guy before me was a complete slob so i told them to get everything fixed and cleaned and call me back. So a week later it was ready and we made the deal. Needless to say i think they were just trying to push the truck i ended up getting on me. Glad i did though because its been a very good truck minus the Hemi Horsepower.

SirGeorgeKillian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Give them their chance, and if it doesn't work out, send an email to Chrysler, and CC a few important people, such as attorney general, ect...

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As others have said, document everything first. Contact corporate Dodge and inform them of their dealer violating state law and selling you a damaged truck. Print a copy of the OK law and take it into the stealership then wait for results...

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On your paperwork, is the truck mentioned as a 'new truck' or being a demo is it listed as a 'used truck'?

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, what region of Oklahoma is this dealership in? I Live in Oklahoma as well and just want to know where to avoid.

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea make sure you have proper backup when dealing with them

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3