Pure Rage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
On your paperwork, is the truck mentioned as a 'new truck' or being a demo is it listed as a 'used truck'?

The truck has never had a title so it is definitely a new vehicle.

I will post which dealer if they jack me around but as previously mentioned, I don't want to jeopardize any good will that I might have by mentioning them on the Internet before they have tried to make a resolution.

OP
OP
F

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
UPDATE: Talked to the GM this afternoon and he said he is going to try and get a truck from a sister dealership that is just like ours except with the tan interior. I'll bet I'm not lucky enough that it has the 3.92 rear end but oh well the current one didn't either. But we will see tomorrow what this guy actually does. If he expects one red cent from me than there will definitely be some attorney general, BBB, oklahoma motor vehicle commission talk. Maybe even threaten a call to the local news for a consumer reports story. Hoping for the best though.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Good luck tomorrow!!! Hopefully they are ready to make things right.

OP
OP
F

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
UPDATE:

Finally got to talk to a decision maker today and the truck got back from the body shop supposedly fixed. The guy eventually offered to pay me $2k pending an inspection and test drive by me tomorrow. This would make my deal on this truck 13,600 off MSRP essentially.

If the truck still rattles in any way or I find damage elsewhere, the deal is off. The truck has a plastic bed liner which I am going to take off at the dealer to make sure there is not hail damage they are still trying to cover up.

I figure if I wanted to get a lawyer and really press the issue, I might be able to get more but I don't know if that's worth the hassle when the deal on this truck is about 3,600 better than anything I could replace it with if they just gave me all my money + tag back.

Thoughts?

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
I would not want that truck under any circumstance,because you still do not know full disclosure. They still committed fraud And I would not trust them.
I would demand they give me new truck at the same discount for your troubles.

I would tell them you want a meeting with yourself/spouse or another person who is on your side, and the GM and the owner of the dealership.

This will give you witnesses.

In my state there is no expectation of privacy,even in a phone conversation so you can record anyone with out their knowledge,just an idea after you check your local laws.

If they do not want to make the deal you want.

Tell them you are prepared to take this to to everybody who will listen from news channel,dodge,state consumer affairs,attorney general etc.....

I had to do this with the one and only GM product I've ever owned. This was just after lemon laws started. My paint job had metal shavings in the paint.
After going threw steps with Gm,I had to hire an attorney.

The results I made all my payment to escrow account and not to GM for 3 years. After 3 years and 65,000 hard miles,I walked in threw the keys on the owners desk and walked out. I got all my money back from escrow. and the attorney got paid,I drove a car for free for 3 years.

I paid cash for my next new car.

Only you can decide whats right for you and you alone will have to live with your decision if it turns out to be a bad one with no recourse.

Good Luck.

Regards
Don

Last edited:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
like desent said above, I wouldn't take your truck back, not trust them half as far as I could throw them, either.

OP
OP
F

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I would not want that truck under any circumstance,because you still do not know full disclosure. They still committed fraud And I would not trust them.
I would demand they give me new truck at the same discount for your troubles.

I would tell them you want a meeting with yourself/spouse or another person who is on your side, and the GM and the owner of the dealership.

This will give you witnesses.

In my state there is no expectation of privacy,even in a phone conversation so you can record anyone with out their knowledge,just an idea after you check your local laws.

If they do not want to make the deal you want.

Tell them you are prepared to take this to to everybody who will listen from news channel,dodge,state consumer affairs,attorney general etc.....

I had to do this with the one and only GM product I've ever owned. This was just after lemon laws started. My paint job had metal shavings in the paint.
After going threw steps with Gm,I had to hire an attorney.

The results I made all my payment to escrow account and not to GM for 3 years. After 3 years and 65,000 hard miles,I walked in threw the keys on the owners desk and walked out. I got all my money back from escrow. and the attorney got paid,I drove a car for free for 3 years.

I paid cash for my next new car.

Only you can decide whats right for you and you alone will have to live with your decision if it turns out to be a bad one with no recourse.

Good Luck.

Regards
Don

So did it take 3 years to reach a judgement? Did you receive extra compensation beyond your truck payments for your time?

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
I can't disclose fine details.

I got extra compensation.

Back in 1990 lemon laws were just starting.

There was only 1 year on new car paint warranty.

I told them this was clearly factory defect metal shaving over entire car.

At first I just wanted car repainted and GM to stand behind the paint for the life time I owned the GM.

They said no, I started getting pissed and demand new car after they refused reasonable offer.

They finally agreed to life time warranty.

After I thought about it and was even more pissed because of time I was putting into what should have been no brain replacement.

I then thought about what happens if I keep it and come time to trade it they say the car was repainted because of accident(before car fax) I would loose resale.

I told them had I purchased anything else with warranty I would have been given a replacement with out a fight, that this was 30,000 dollar mistake on my part.

I demanded a new car, they said I was unreasonable and they have given me all that they were going to, I told them about lemon law attorney I had hired and to deal with him I was done with BS!!

This all transpired within 4-6 weeks after purchase but took 3 years for final resolution.

But I got to beat on car knowing it wasn't mine and believe me you would not have wanted that car,drive train and motor were beat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
UPDATE: For better or worse, I picked up my truck. The headliner was installed securely and in hindsight, it was obvious that in the first place the headliner was not correct. Much more secure now. I talked to the body shop that did the work (independent shop from dealer) and they said it was loose hardware from when they did the PDR and that they stand behind their work.

No other damage located but I did manage to get another 300 out of them. It was clear that to get any more would have required the hassle of litigation. The pragmatic side of me won out over the principled side of me. It's easy to say "sue them" but when you look at the PITA of meeting with an attorney, phone calls, documentation, and mediation/courtdates, it has to be an agregious difference to be worth it to me.

May be an idiot, but I can live with nearly 13.5k off MSRP.

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
You are the only one that needs to be happy with your decision. I hope it works out for you.

Is there a car fax on your truck?

I think I would something in writing saying any body work and painting was due to hail damage.

When it come time to trade this truck that paper could mean the difference in thousands of resale value you dollars.

Good luck with the truck I wish you many miles of trouble free driving.

Please give us an update in 6 months to let us know how its going.

Best Regards
Don

OP
OP
F

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You are the only one that needs to be happy with your decision. I hope it works out for you.

Is there a car fax on your truck?

I think I would something in writing saying any body work and painting was due to hail damage.

When it come time to trade this truck that paper could mean the difference in thousands of resale value you dollars.

Good luck with the truck I wish you many miles of trouble free driving.

Please give us an update in 6 months to let us know how its going.

Best Regards
Don

I ran carfax on this truck a day or two ago to see if I had more leverage. It just had "received by dealer", "offered for sale", "sold", etc. No mention of hail damage. The dealer did not file it through insurance because of being over an allotment or something. They paid the body shop with cash. The body shop has a good reputation, I talked to a guy I know that does PDR for a living and he said they are reputable.

Will certainly update. Gots more learning to do here on RF. Looking at wheels/tires with the cash they have given me.

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you going to say who the dealer is, it won't tarnish anything I am just curious which one it is

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
No car fax is a good thing!!!