Quad Cab vs Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Osage Man 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from a Yukon to my 2012 Crew Cab, more room in the back seat of the CC than the Yukon and of course the bed is much more spacious than the cargo space of the Yukon so for me was a win/win. I researched all Rams before purchasing, no regrets on the CC.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a quad right now and the only times I wish I had a crew are when I happen to have adult passengers in the back seat... which is maybe once a month lol and even then, my wife and her girlfriends have no issues back there since they are all 5'7'' or shorter. Only time it is a little tight is when I'm driving with a few of my buds who all happen to be over 6' tall. Honestly it all just depends on your lifestyle and needs. I don't have kids and 95% of the time it is just me in my truck, or me and my wife. Back seat is rarely used other than throwing my gym bag back there.

Whenever we have kids if I still have this truck, I'll have to see how it works with car seats. Until then I love my quad cab and have no need for a crew. People tend to overthink this a bit it seems. Just get what fits you and your life.

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't even have kids and kinda wish I went with the crew cab... However I didn't realize you couldn't get one with the 6.5' box yet, I would choose box length over the cab size

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't even have kids and kinda wish I went with the crew cab... However I didn't realize you couldn't get one with the 6.5' box yet, I would choose box length over the cab size

It's nice having the 6.4 bed and crew. You need a 22 ft deep garage for it though.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I don't even have kids and kinda wish I went with the crew cab... However I didn't realize you couldn't get one with the 6.5' box yet

Maybe for certain trim levels but there are a bunch of Crew Cabs with the 6.4' bed...I like mine.

little dan 28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Traded my qc for a cc and not looking back , my little one loves it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Jesse1031

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Had a 11' quad cab. While it was a great truck I hated the small cab. My daughters car seat would hardly fit in the back seat, leaving the passenger front seat unusable. Just picked up a 17' crew cab with the longer bed. Love the extra room without sacrificing bed space. Would have custom ordered it had I needed to but my dealer had the night edition like this. Bottom line crew cab is the only way if you haul people or have kids

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted a crew from the start and love it. My buddy wanted a quad and loves his. It's all personal choice and what you want/use it for. He likes the extra bed length, I totally love the room I have inside the cab. I admit my truck is basically a big car with a big trunk, I don't use the box that often... but when you need it, it is great to have.

thopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always thought CC looked funky. I owned a Nissan cc and it was a great trick. I now own a ram sport 17 QC which is a great and better looking trick then the cc trick IMHO. I don't have kids so don't need the cc. I believe the cc will have better sale value...more popular.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just traded my 2015 QC for a 2017 CC with 6.4 bed. My daughter drove today and my wife sat up front while I sat in the back, we were on our way home from visiting friends. It was a very comfortable ride home to say the least. I'm glad I made the trade and didn't sacrifice the bed size.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
I am 99% in favor of the crew cab. I've had my snowmobile with extended track in their before, hanging out the back. The only thing that never fits in there is my catfish pole even if I put it on an angle. That's the 1% that makes me wish that I had a longer bed but those in-floor beer coolers are fantastic!