Quad Cab vs Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I definitely regret not buying the crew. I came from having 2 previous extended cabs so I thought I'd be happy with the QC, but trying to haul any passengers in the back is less than desirable. Not sure that my atv would fit in a crew though, but that's what trailers are for.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Crew with bed extender is perfect for ATV.

Ram357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Crew Cab! i dont want to offend QC owners but to me it dont look right. I dont want people with their knees in the back of my seat nor do I want to haul anybodys crap.

redsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 Ecoboost
I got a crew because I have kiddos, I don't haul them around much but its great to have the space when I do. I rode down to buy the truck and my Ducati fit fine in the back for the ride home. Just hauled work's 400 ATV w a snow plow on the front in for service and it fit in there too.
BTW I hear you guys on our bikes NOT getting ridden, between work, kids and trying to get things done around the house I think I put 1000 miles on this summer and 400 of it was riding to Denver to buy the truck.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I love my quad cab. I like having my 6-4 bed. I have a trailer for my two bikes but I needed a place to haul my dogs or I would have gotten a regular cab. I must admit when I bought my quad cab it was fine for two Doberman Pinschers but now I have three so it's a bit cramped for them. I always pictured my truck having a long bed. A crew cab looks like the bed is too short to me. I would take a mega cab though. That's just a sweet truck.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Just moved from QC to crew cab.. I will not go back, and my 3 herding dogs won't allow it :)

The extra interior room is well worth the price increase. Dunno about bed space as the 2500 beds are the same size regardless.

Ch

Sent using XT912 M

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Crew looks really nice. Having said that though, I like my Quad also. I don't have back seat passengers often, but the times I have, they said they had plenty of room.

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Quad is nice, I have plenty of room for 3 kids 5-10 years old. Although I would buy a crew if I could do it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
I was also between them both, I will only haul dead game, and maybe a quad in the bed, but prefer the interior space.

crew cab all the way!
you can always get a bed extender or put the tail gate down and strap any cargo.

but the extra cabin space is priceless.

naturecannon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quad Cab.

If I wanted larger back seats for passenger comfort and needed a utility trailer to make up for the smaller bed size... I would have just chosen the Durango instead. I purchased a pick-up truck. Plus, the hell with those in the back seat :). although not a huge difference between the two beds, my 67" seems to shrink by the day.....40 days new, that would bring me down to 27" now.

I do have a horse trail that dupes as a great cargo trailer when needed.

qrmf49.jpg

iqdaqb.jpg

Mgpatton1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Crew cab. This is coming from a 20 year old that honestly probably needs bed space more than cab space. My friends all fit comfortably in my CC and probably would fit fine in a QC and yeah it'd be nice to have a longer bed but it's never put me in a bind. My fourwheeler fits fine with the tailgate down. Just put a strap around the back. Theres just something about a CC. They seem more...proportional than QC's to me. Just my preference. And my fourwheeler doesnt run anymore, so all I have is my Polaris Ranger which won't fit in the back of a truck so me and my dad built a 10 foot trailer that we haul it in and it's so much easier than trying to put things in the back of a truck

Last edited:

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get the crew cab.

It's much easier to add cargo space (trailer) than add interior space after purchase.

Adults fit comfortably in the back seat of the crew, kids don't fit comfortably in the quad...adults are really crammed in a quad.

If bed space is a must, get a regular cab and the 8' bed. Otherwise, if you're going to be hauling people (as most of us do), get the crew.

Texas Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My next purchase will definitely be a crew cab. I love my truck, but there just isn't enough room in the back. I hate adjusting my seat when someone is riding in the back. When I had my '98 single cab, I said I would never by another single cab. Now I'm saying I will never buy another quad cab.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I don't see where the bed would matter. I use a trailer for big stuff anyway and even if I had a extra 3 ft I still could not haul much more in the bed. I love the setup of a crew for my lifestyle enough bed for me. I also came from Durango's so I am used to making it work.

SirGeorgeKillian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup. Thought I'd be fine with a quad, but when I put my 2 year olds car seat in, the passenger seat had to be pushed all the way forward. My crew cab I ended up with has plenty of room front and rear. Just a small bed...

RyeRey521

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
Well I am loving my quad cab, granted I am coming from a reg. cab ranger. But even still, I have had 5 passengers in the tuck many times and everyone fits just fine.

I suppose if you have some crazy gangster lean on your front seats, then the knees in the back could be cramped, but how i sit, I have never had any complaints. ( I am 6'1" and don't sit on top of the steering wheel)

The 5'7" bed would not work for me as I MTB 3-4 times a week and how I load the bikes, they would not fit in the shorter bed as They are all about 5"9"-6"1" long...

Now i admit more space could be nice just to have, but def. not (for me) at the cost of losing bed space.. That’s why I bought a truck as another poster said. Get a Durango if pass. space is what you need.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
If you have kids or family to move I understand getting a crew cab. I like having my larger bed. With a quad I have the option to put people in my backseat. If they made a crew cab with a 6'-4" bed I'd buy it. The problem with a 5'-7" bed is, you need the interior space so you buy a crew cab. You can't store anything in the back seat because it would be in the way of the people back there. You need storage do you buy a tool box. That takes up another foot of your bed. To have a 4'-7" bed is to have an SUV. I'd rather have a Durango with a hemi than a pick up truck if I need the interior space. You can still tow a trailer to haul large items. A mega cab is another option for interior space but not everyone can afford to buy or maintain a mega cab so back to reality. I think the quad is the best of both worlds. Enough interior space to be comfortable and enough bed to still be a pick up. I love throwing big tree branches and debris in my pick up. I don't have to worry about leaves and junk getting all over my Durango.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I came from reg cab Silverado to extended cab Silverado then to a cc ram.
The extended cab or qc are the most versatile and offer a good compromise between bed space and passenger capacity + the loved the look of the suicide doors on the extended cabs.

When it came to the ram I considered a qc but they just didn't look proportional to me and ram box wasn't an available option either, so went for the cc and I don't regret it at all. Hauled a bunch of stuff in the bed from wheels/ tires, kayaks etc and didn't face any inconvenience.

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have owned an '03 QC and now I have a '12 CrewCab. I 'll throw my support to the CrewCab. I like the way it looks better, and more legroom for when I do have adults in the rear, cargo doesn't make too much difference, but when I really need it, I use a trailer.