Quad Cab vs Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstryr

The one and only
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I was shopping for a 4-door truck in '01 I bought an F150 SuperCrew because Dodge only had the Quad cab and I needed the extra space for my then almost 2 year old and the baby seat. The Ford treated me exceptionally well, never left me hanging in 202.000 miles but it was time to upgrade and I went with a RAM this time. Would not even consider the quad cab for all the driving I do with family and for work.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
well said,
Get the crew cab.

It's much easier to add cargo space (trailer) than add interior space after purchase.

Adults fit comfortably in the back seat of the crew, kids don't fit comfortably in the quad...adults are really crammed in a quad.

If bed space is a must, get a regular cab and the 8' bed. Otherwise, if you're going to be hauling people (as most of us do), get the crew.

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the doors diffrent on a quad than a crew?

Sent from my SIII using Tapatalk 2

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i love my crew, hate the short box tho. 3/4 ton coming soon to solve that issue.

MD_Bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't realize when I bought my QC that there was a CC option. I knew of the Megacab but my '03 F150 was a SuperCrew and I thought the QC was Dodge's name for the crew. Now I wish I would've bought a CC, I have 4 yr old twins so at least by the time they are getting bigger it will be time for a new Ram!

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I have no need for the crew cab, but I just think it looks better IMHO. I want my next truck to be a mega cab though just cause they look badass

KBExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the quad because I absolutely HATE the shorter bed. I don't ever ride in the back, and my friends fit back there just fine. But to be fair if I had gone Chevy or ford I would have gotten an extended cab.

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I have no need for the crew cab, but I just think it looks better IMHO. I want my next truck to be a mega cab though just cause they look badass

I really like the mega cab. I'll probably also get the mega cab for my next truck. Going to have to ramp it up to a 2500 diesel for that size truck IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
H

hemipowerv8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Get the crew cab.

It's much easier to add cargo space (trailer) than add interior space after purchase.

Adults fit comfortably in the back seat of the crew, kids don't fit comfortably in the quad...adults are really crammed in a quad.

If bed space is a must, get a regular cab and the 8' bed. Otherwise, if you're going to be hauling people (as most of us do), get the crew.

This makes a lot of sense...can always add a trailer when needed...and it wouldn't be very often unless something REALLY changes for me...

Pretty certain I'll go with a Crew as soon as finances allow and my 07 Ram QC Sport 4x4 sells.
Depending on the price of the new Auto 8 speed and the full-size bed on a CC will also determine when...if it's about the same then I'd wait to get full bed and A8 when it's available. If it's WAY more for those options, then the current version would make me happy.

jasf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never had any complaints from my kids or anyone else riding in the back of my QC. My 12 yr old has mentioned that she is more comfortable in our Ram than Grandpas Chevy crew. I like the looks of the QC & there's no way I could go with any shorter box.

OT,but one of the reasons that shifted me toward Dodge after owning mostly Fords & 1 Chevy was the 4 door QC. If you've owned a competing brand ex cab you know what a pain in the ass those suicide doors are. Although that was a huge improvement over my '90 F250sc that had NO rear doors & a sliding vinyl bench seat!

BigSexyBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram quad express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never had any complaints from my kids or anyone else riding in the back of my QC. My 12 yr old has mentioned that she is more comfortable in our Ram than Grandpas Chevy crew. I like the looks of the QC & there's no way I could go with any shorter box.

OT,but one of the reasons that shifted me toward Dodge after owning mostly Fords & 1 Chevy was the 4 door QC. If you've owned a competing brand ex cab you know what a pain in the ass those suicide doors are. Although that was a huge improvement over my '90 F250sc that had NO rear doors & a sliding vinyl bench seat!

Agree on suicide sucks. I owned a Nissan Titan kc before my express. It was always a project going To the store. Love my qc. Besides my wife has a car. So if I have more then four adults we switch cars for the day.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Crew Cab All the Way

I traded up from an SUV to the CC. I would not have bought a QC; not enough room for my kids in back. The CC on the other hand, five guys my not-tiny size fit in comfort. Bed extender is the way I'll go if I ever find the box too short.:imo:

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

Same here. I replaced a Super Duty with the little suicide doors and vent windows with my QC Ram. Nice to have real doors and windows that actually roll up and down as well as a usable bed. For my purposes I was getting at least a 6' bed on the pickup. Any shorter and I would have just went with an SUV and a trailer.

highlandchef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the CC; I have two kids. If you carry people regularly then the CC is the best choice. If passengers are only occasional then go with the QC.

That said I believe Ram is putting this debate to bed. The new CC's will be available with the 6'4" bed so you have the best of both worlds.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
If you think you can afford a shorter bed than the already short 6'4" as opposed to the regular 8' you should just get a trailer like everyone suggests, and an SUV, or crossover. I traded down to a 2011 qc 1500, and I kick myself every time I try to haul something, to the point that I have my toolbox turned sideways, and I couldn't imagine anything shorter. If parking space is an issue for you though you probably don't have room to store a trailer, but a slightly longer truck might be feasible.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I went with the CC; I have two kids. If you carry people regularly then the CC is the best choice. If passengers are only occasional then go with the QC.

That said I believe Ram is putting this debate to bed. The new CC's will be available with the 6'4" bed so you have the best of both worlds.

Problem is you won't be able to fit in a standard garage.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If you think you can afford a shorter bed than the already short 6'4" as opposed to the regular 8' you should just get a trailer like everyone suggests, and an SUV, or crossover. I traded down to a 2011 qc 1500, and I kick myself every time I try to haul something, to the point that I have my toolbox turned sideways, and I couldn't imagine anything shorter. If parking space is an issue for you though you probably don't have room to store a trailer, but a slightly longer truck might be feasible.

SUV can't legally tow what a 1500 can and you certainly could not put a fifth wheel in it but can with some trailers on short bed with CC. I don't even like the look of an 8 ft bed never have unless regular cab which then puts me back to the point that everyone has different needs so it good they will now offer all three size beds.

highlandchef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Problem is you won't be able to fit in a standard garage.

Well think about it this way, with the longer bed it will be easier to carry the material from Home Depot to extend the garage. :gr_grin:

In my case there is no room in the garage for my Ram anyway so if I get a '13 I can go for the longer bed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock