Question about applicable rebates / discounts on factory ordered RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaydenHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
HEMI
Guys,

I am having four dealerships quote me on a custom order Laramie truck. I am getting varying / conflicting information on applicable discounts.

Dealer #1 price reflects currently running rebates and incentives. Salesman says I will get these and if the rebates / incentives are richer when I take delivery they will apply.

Dealer #2 price reflects currently running rebates and incentives. But salesman says I will get rebates / incentives applicable at the time of delivery. Could be higher, could be lower.

Dealer #3 says rebates apply after order and only when the dealer receives the invoice for the truck. Says other guys are lying or mis-informed and I will only find this out when my truck comes in and I sit down to do paperwork.

Who is right here?

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Nothing is certain until you sign the actual purchase documents and buy the truck. a deposit does not guarantee a purchase.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5 years ago you would receive whatever rebates/offers that were in effect at time of order or when you took delivery, whichever was better for you. That was a Chrysler thing, not a dealer thing.

That has changed since then, some offers only apply when you take delivery, some when the order is placed by the Dealer and accepted by FCA.

Its been confusing ever since.

Chrysler also used to eat any price increases between the time they accepted the order and delivery.

So, you need to read the fine print.

All the offers in this area say "Must take retail delivery by 05/31/2017" Dunno what exactly they mean by retail delivery.

You can always try to place in your purchase/order agreement that you can reject the truck without penalty should specified rebates or offers be unavailable or the price increases.

Last edited:

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered my truck last year, rebates were exactly as they quoted me when I did the order. With that said, if a rebate expires before you actually buy the truck after it comes in, then the dealer can't give you that rebate without eating it themselves. You should be able to check the rebates they are quoting now and see when they expire, and then see the general lead time it is taking to get the truck in. They will be able to give you a reasonable guess on whether those rebates will still be in effect when your truck should be in. Plus, a lot of times rebates are extended past the dates they are quoting.

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I ordered my truck in February 2017 and received it in April. The way it worked for me is that I got the incentives that were in effect when I took delivery of the truck. I was not real thrilled about this when I placed my order because it was somewhat of a gamble on my part. Historically, the dealer told me to not expect significant changes between when I ordered and received my truck (I guess due to the time of year I ordered). In the end, incentives were slightly less when I received my truck, but I had a bonus certificate that RAM emailed me, so in the end, I cam out slightly ahead.

I had a misunderstanding as well when I went in to place my order, but the RAM dealer insisted that incentives are received that are valid at delivery was an FCA Chrysler policy, not a dealership ploy.

It sucks that it is a gamble, but in the end I got exactly the truck I wanted.

Totesmygoats

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys,

I am having four dealerships quote me on a custom order Laramie truck. I am getting varying / conflicting information on applicable discounts.

Dealer #1 price reflects currently running rebates and incentives. Salesman says I will get these and if the rebates / incentives are richer when I take delivery they will apply.

Dealer #2 price reflects currently running rebates and incentives. But salesman says I will get rebates / incentives applicable at the time of delivery. Could be higher, could be lower.

Dealer #3 says rebates apply after order and only when the dealer receives the invoice for the truck. Says other guys are lying or mis-informed and I will only find this out when my truck comes in and I sit down to do paperwork.

Who is right here?

They could all be right. If dealer #1 give it to you in writing, that's what it is. Incentives really don't change much month to month, so they probably just figure they will eat it if it changes, which they have to, if you sign a deal in writing.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dealer told me what dealer #1 told you. That I will get, at a minimum, the current (today's) incentives. But that if, at the time of delivery, the incentives have changed I would get whichever were better for me.

Last edited:

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
My dealer told me what dealer #1 told you. That I will get, at a minimum, the current (today's) incentives. But that if, at the time of delivery, the incentives have changed I would get whichever were better for me.

My dealer told me the same thing when I ordered mine last year in March, delivery was end of April..

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Dealer #1 is the winner. This is what I got when I ordered. Turned out the incentives were richer at my time of order than when the truck came in two months later.

Nothing is certain until you sign the actual purchase documents and buy the truck. a deposit does not guarantee a purchase.
Congratulations for a perfect no-answer answer to the OP's question.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
When I ordered my 2500 Laramie (ordered in Michigan) the dealer told me they could lock in the incentives at the time of order and when it was delivered they did follow through with that and gave me the incentives from when I ordered. The month my truck was delivered, Rams incentives did drop a total of $500. $250 for each main "bonus cash" incentive. So I ended up getting saved $500 bucks.

If the incentives some how got better when the truck was delivered, you will get the better incentive. That should be at any dealer anywhere and if they tell you otherwise its BS.

Last edited: