Questions about upgrades to my 2014 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PABowhntr169

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went today to dealer for my annual oil change ( yeah annual, only gets about 3,000 miles per year). While there is asked about updating my my instrument cluster to a 7" display, and also updating my radio to one with one with u-connect. Long story short got the run around that if the truck didn't come with it, would be unable to upgrade to these. Is it possible to do these upgrades from the dealer?

I also asked about factory blacked out headlights ( mine are the quads ), was told that these were also Vin specific. Which sounded really strange to me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The answer is absolutely yes. We have threads around the forum for it and more. I will see what links I can find. I know RetroShop can set you up with everything you need related to headlights/taillights.

If you want to go full RA4 conversion:
- DIY: 2013+ RA3/RA4 8.4" Radio Conversion Upgrade

- DIY: 2013-2016 RearView Mirror Upgrade & Harness install

- DIY: 2013-2016 OEM Steering Wheel Audio Control Install

- Installing OEM backup cam
** Pay attention to Post 10 as well as the OP **

- 2013-2016 Ram Radio Removal 6-27-16.pdf

Sent from my non-flammable Galaxy S7!

Last edited:

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Its possible a dealer could do it but their processes work a lot different than if you did it yourself. And they really would have to charge you an arm and a leg. I think your best bet would be to either check the forum for the DIY instructions and do it yourself.

OP
OP
PABowhntr169

PABowhntr169

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate it guys for the information. I knew it possible, just didn't think it would be so hard to get information from a dealer. Talk about running around your tailpipe to get to your intake.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Oh and just a warning... it all starts with one mod. Where it ends, I haven't figured that out yet! Good Luck. If you have any questions, there are a lot of really good knowledgeable people here ready to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PABowhntr169

PABowhntr169

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have already started the mod process, and yeah every time I get one finished 3 more take its place.