Quick question about knob shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,
I currently own a 2017 Ram 1500, 3.92, semi 8 spd. When I turn the little knob shifter into park or out from park, I will hear a clicking sound sometimes. Its not extremely loud but its definitely noticeable from inside and outside the cab. Is this normal? Or should I have this looked at.
I called the service department today at my dealership and the guy said some Rams have this but he didn't really seem like he knew what he was talking about...

Another quick question while I'm here,

I'm going to get my truck lifted with a 4in suspension lift next week, will this void my warranty on the truck?

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hear it quite often on my truck.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Salt, yes a 4 inch lift can void parts of your warranty.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know it'll cost more but you can buy the lift from the dealer and have them install it to maintain the warranty. The only downside (other than cost) is when I bought my truck I had the lift worked in as part of the deal and they told me it was only covered for 2 years.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The clicking is just the shifter locking and unlocking, without your foot on brake you can't shift from park, that sound is normal.