rainsensor not connected to windsheild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hydrasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a 2013 Ram a few weeks ago. finally got time to find the rattle in the rear view mirror. I pulled the covers off the inside rear view mirror and found a round module that turned to be the rainsensor. It is not connected to the windshield that is why it was rattling around. I did notice the windshield had no dings so I thought "great, a new windshield". Did a little searching and this appears to be a bad situation. No gel pad to connect the rainsensor to the windshield and I do not who installed the new windshield. Has any one successfully repaired this issue? I did get a chance to replace the flickering led bulbs in the overhead console but now it looks like I have found a more serious issue. The intermittent wipers are not consistent bu I can live with that. The space where the sensor would mount is solid black. Can the gel pad be purchased from dealer? What next?