Ram 1500 vs. F-150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
These threads crack me up. Ford guys hate dodge guys, dodge guys hate ford guys blah blah blah
Just get what you like. Don't let a Internet group decide for you.

Everyone is a homer when it comes to there brand
I am not .. Owned plenty of dodges and fords. My heart is with dodge not just saying that as a forum owner either .
Ford just did it for me for my needs this time around.
Also to clarify the fx4 model is top tear.
Only higher is the platinum limited and Harley
When I ordered mine it has everything a platinum has minus the power steps.
I wanted the fx suspension with the add ons of the platinum.
And besides that I didn't want chrome like the platinum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not battling you Dave but what about the Limited? Isn't there a king ranch, platinum, and limited?

$miley

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
The king ranch is just two tone leather and some decals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I love my RAM, but my brother bought a 2010 F-150 Lariat, it has damn near the same options as my truck, and it is very nice. Only a few small things I don't like about it:
-The Ford steering wheel just seems... bulky and clunky to me, I'd probably get used to it tho
-The rims are just fugly, but that's easy enough to change
-I have never been able to like the front end of a Ford, other than something special, like a Ford GT haha
-The ride... nuff said

On the plus side tho:
-Factory stereo is great, tons of bass, yet still clear and LOUD!
-I really like the color/layout of the gauges
-The seats really are amazingly comfy

Overall though, I still prefer the interior of the RAM, and it seems to ride a bit better. Not to mention I just love the looks of the new RAM's.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
When I bought mine, with similar options, the Ram was $4k cheaper. Stronger engine, nicer looking exterior, and paint quality was better. The Ford had a nicer instrument panel and not much else over the Ram.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ford's truck bed looks like a plain ole box extending way up into the air. If I want a box, I'll buy a box truck.

RAM won on ride, style and power. Not only that, but RAM dealers were dealing big time at the end of 2012 and FORD was holding the line on MSRP. I got my Sport C/C for way less than the list price of a new Express, but I did have to wait and drool over RAMs for a long time before the model year ended.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I have a Ford and it's been a GREAT truck for nearly 15 years of ownership. It's not my DD anymore, but it's dead reliable. Trust me, I TRIED to like the Fords, but the design is just BORING and square. The RAM had all the options I wanted, the looks, and the price is down right decent IMO.

My big issue with Ford is they're going to be redesigning it shortly. I don't like nor want the current truck. I also want an 8 speed and I know Ford and GM have teamed up to design one and I don't want to wait.

RAM it is for me. Heck, I only keep vehicles for 3-4 years anyway and it's an open ended lease so if it doesn't work out, I'll toss it and get something different.

Chris

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At the time we were looking the Fords cost considerably more, apples to apples. That, combined with the only engine we wanted was the ecoboost but neither of us was willing to be a guinea pig for a new engine application.
The RAM drove much nicer and had MUCH more power than the GMC.
I didn't want to pay for Tundra so RAM it was.
My $.02

redsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 Ecoboost
You know what I like about this forum, we have a bunch of people that give decent answers and don't come off as ****** that our trucks are the greatest thing ever. Even if I end up in the FX4 I'd rather spend my time on this forum than any Ford one I've been on.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
You have car people and badge people. I'm a car guy!! I like anything!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Last edited:

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up my 2012 1500 Hemi in November after I turned in the 2500 I leased. I am 100% pleased with my decision however I was worried about the Coils. When I hooked up my trailer to my new one it did not sag as much as I thought it would and in fact I think it did better than the previous 08 Ram 1500 or my 01 F150 Hand down truck that I had. I did test drive a Ecoboost F150 and I did not like it as much as I liked the Ram. Bottom line test drive both see what you like. My experience with my 12 Ram 1500 however is that it has never let me down in power and handling when towing any load so far.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You know what I like about this forum, we have a bunch of people that give decent answers and don't come off as ****** that our trucks are the greatest thing ever.
That's not entirely true... I think the Ram was the greatest thing for US, but maybe not for everyone :cheers:

OP
OP
D

dexley74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You know what I like about this forum, we have a bunch of people that give decent answers and don't come off as ****** that our trucks are the greatest thing ever. Even if I end up in the FX4 I'd rather spend my time on this forum than any Ford one I've been on.

Funny you say this. I posted my question on the Ford forum at the same time I did this forum so I could get their opinions. 10-pages of replies later, it's still going strong. They are a spirited group over there. But to your point, many of the replies are useless.

Mgpatton1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've never driven the new Fords in question so I can't say anything about that. But I've seen 2 new style fords that I liked, 1 of them being Dave's. And around here, the people I see driving Fords are wearing suits and haven't done manual labor in 40 years. Not saying there's a thing wrong with suits or anything but...a truck isn't a pretty boy toy. It's a truck. And in my opinion, the new fords are pretty boy toys. But it still goes back to what works for you. I didn't even look at fords so I can't say that maybe a Ford wouldn't work better for me. But what I do know is I'm a college student. I pay for everything I own including my truck and everything with it and into it. And that's 500 bucks a month out of my income and here's how you know when you're happy with your truck. It doesnt bother me a damn bit to pay that. I'm not gonna bash ford or anyone. But I'll put my truck up against any other truck with confidence

PowerWagon2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will vote ram. But I am a diehard Mopar guy. My buddy has an ecoboost f150 and don't get me wrong, it's a very nice truck, but there is a reason the 13 ram got truck of the year.

homeyclaus

Reaction score
Ram Year
just shopping
Engine
perhaps
Two issues there;

1. The dealership's inability to diagnose the problem, and then getting stupid about it.

2. The attitude of the Ford rep, although her ability to say "the F-150 is not made for towing" with a straight face is impressive. :jawdrop:

In the end, it was a defective catalytic converter, diagnosed at another dealership, but that took some doing to get it done.

TravisM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I looked at the F150 before I checked out the Ram. My decision came down to two things. 1.) The ride on the Ram felt better. 2.) I was drawn to the insertion of technology at lower cost points. I wanted Sat Nav without having to opt for leather. My local Ford dealership didn't seem to think that was a possibility.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
When I bought mine, with similar options, the Ram was $4k cheaper. Stronger engine, nicer looking exterior, and paint quality was better. The Ford had a nicer instrument panel and not much else over the Ram.

I think for 2013, that one plus for Ford has been eliminated. The dashes in the 2013's are sick.

PowerWagon2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I can't believe I just read paint quality was better when someone was talking about a ram. I love my truck. But Dodges paint quality is TERRIBLE!