Ram Cares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How did you get cranky in a diplomatic way?

Basically I backed them into a corner. I wasn't a hot head, I just spoke to them like regular people and didn't give them a way out. I just simply explained (after the transmission failure) that I understand they don't build them and it's not their fault, but it was unacceptable to me, I like the product, I want to continue to own the product, and I wanted to continue to deal with them, but I would no longer accept that truck as being fixed, I don't trust it. It had been a headache since the day I bought it. "It is going to be sitting on a lot somewhere- whether or not it's yours is up to you." Then I left the ball in their court. Asked "what are WE going to do about this?" It would be no different than me selling them, say, a server. If it was a problematic flaky POS (which happens) I would replace it. No doubt. Something like that is just as much a headache for me as it is for them.

It sounds silly I know, but I have found that I get far better mutually beneficial results when I approach things with the attitude that I am willing to work WITH them rather than being confrontational. It's like dealing with kids. Sometimes you have to fluff them a bit, it makes them a little easier to deal with.

In the end, they replaced it. I was out a tiny amount- but they replaced it with one a year newer at a loss to keep a customer. And, I will continue to do business there.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been nice to them every step of the way. However it has not got me all that far. I would think they would be in a hurry to replace it as they have to constantly pay for a rental car for me. As they have an exact replacement sitting on the lot where it gets fixed. I like Ram but this is really wearing on me.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have been nice to them every step of the way. However it has not got me all that far. I would think they would be in a hurry to replace it as they have to constantly pay for a rental car for me. As they have an exact replacement sitting on the lot where it gets fixed. I like Ram but this is really wearing on me.
Well then my theory is shot. All those expenses for rentals etc get submitted to Chrysler and reimbursed, so they aren't out anything by getting you a rental.

Not sure if you mentioned- but have you tried another dealership if that's an option? It just really is starting to sound like the dealership is more interested in milking FCA for the warranty work than actually finding and fixing your issue. Maybe ask if they can get one of the more experienced guys to look at it rather than give it to the kids in the colored pencil room.

Failing that, then I don't have a suggestion. In your shoes I wouldn't hesitate to walk away- my sanity and peace of mind are worth more than a bit of money lost on a ****** built truck. But that's me.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine

Ask for the Chrysler factory Rep for your area by Calling Chrysler. The DEALER will NOT be of help to you at all. As you have written here explain to the Rep. all the trouble you have experienced and would like to remain a Customer. Next step they under stand quite well is Attorney if you get no where with the Rep. You can be very calm about it with the Rep. One Rep helped me quit well on the first issue which was solved very quickly. The second truck issue they replaced many parts with assistance i got from SERVICE Engineer Chrysler rep but refused to replace truck.

Chrysler did complete all service under warranty with a smile but not to my liking at all so I dumped the truck ordered new truck same year same trim at my expense. Chrysler Ignored me as a new owner of this last new truck no welcome package, New owner survey from dealer I bought the replacement truck from who done a good job at 2nd dealership. Chrysler acts like I do not exist!!. I have no issues with my replacement truck as July 14 when it came in until now with 13488 miles on it its a great truck like the 3 Rams I have bought.

If any issues under my warranty turns up related to the past ones at all I will turn over to attorney and be done with Chrysler FOREVER! I will go deep in Chrysler pockets this time!!

You like me need to document all issues quite well. I hope it works out for you with another truck and you enjoy it. All the car builders I have bought from are the same!! So pick the best POS you like and roll with it LOL. Ford and Toyota is HORRIBLE for Warranty work they just refuse any thing thats wrong! Chrysler is much better from my experience they done all repairs with a smile and moved okay for a dealership type work (All Dealers are Slow). Can't say nothing about GM not bought a new GM ever so I do not know. Silverado looks damed good when I see them!!

Good Luck to you! let us know how they treat you so we can know to buy again or stay away!! Stay away has crippled GM financially which Chrysler has learned from in the past two times! The $$$$ talks from US. WE get what we want sooner or later!:)

nasaland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hi Hootbro,
I'm the only one assigned to the Ram Forums, so it will always be me on this handle. I am also a direct FCA employee. I'm happy to answer any questions that come my way, but I will be putting true customer concerns as a top priority over simple new model questions and such. So those questions might just take a little more time for me to get to. Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I'm truly here to try to help you guys!

Hi Erica, and welcome to our nightmare! :roflsquared:

You are going to be VERY busy I can guess.

Thanks for answering our questions...I am sending you a PM about a safety concern.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the RamForum Erica , glad to see FCA has you here !