Ram Express 32-Gallon Tank? Really?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I get your point. Fair enough, but I guarantee you will be able to travel farther between fill ups with the larger tank and you can use all of the fuel regardless of what the gauges say. The needle actually travels well past the empty mark on the gauge.

The only harm done is to the pump or maybe to the engine when running low on fuel. More air in the tank means more moisture that can condense into liquid water.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to me. This is my last comment about it. If it's for extended range , why is it that most of the people that talk about this on average are only putting 28 gallons in it. And I can put 25 in mine. So that's like having a tank that's 3 gallons bigger not 6. That's what some are complaining about. It still should be the same. I know I wouldn't bother to pay the difference for the larger tank.It's useless if I can't use what's in there.:favorites13:

just because the light comes on early doesn't mean you somehow lost range. you know how much fuel it holds and after a few fill ups you should have an idea of what's left when the light comes on. using that plus whatever your average mpg is you should be able to quickly guess how much further you can go

i don't really understand what the issue is. the tank is still 32 gallons and you're not losing anything. if anything having the light come on early is a good thing, i know i sure as hell would rather it come on early then 2 seconds before the engines dies. also if you're running around on empty often enough that this is an issue you have bigger problems then a stupid fuel gauge/light