Ram Lifetime warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Been talk that some Ram owners have the "Lifetime Warranty". I asked my dealer about that today and was told Ram discontinued the "Lifetime". What have any of you heard concerning this? I currently have a 85k warranty. Was told that it could be continued if it was done "prior" to the existing warranty ending. Also, said that it would be a Ram warranty, not aftermarket. Then, got some literature on the 4500 and 5500 series HD Rams. Was surprised to note that the towing capacities are not equal to the 3500 series. The second thing that surprised me was the disclosure on the Ram warranties. Seemed to say they were sold to a third party (???) (in certain states). Has anyone else saw the literature? Am I reading that right??

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a diesel? Lifetime warranties are only available for gas engines and I just received my lifetime max care literature for mine about 2 weeks ago. So pretty sure they are still available. I paid $2300 for mine with $100 deductible.

Last edited:

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I was offered Max Care when mine was complete, a couple weeks ago.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Not offered in Canada, I know that much! It sucks!

banger68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not offered in Canada, I know that much! It sucks!

Yeah, they tried to sell me a 7 year warranty and it was $4600!?! ... nope. Wish we could get alot of the US deals including their price.

OP
OP
K

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 MDS
Lifetime warranty

I have the 2014, 2500 with the 6.4. Not sure what the "extended warranty" that they say I can get later has a deductible or not. Probably does though. Guess i'll know more in a couple of years when I get near the 80k mark

BULLRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My 2009 came with lifetime Powertrain warranty, engine ,transmission, rear end......they replaced a head that had a bolt broken off in it , all the coolant, all gaskets, gave me a new loaner truck, all free

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2009 here also with the lifetime warranty. The warranty is only good for the original owner and can't be passed on to the next owner.

This warranty was a big reason I bought my Ram, was kind of a gamble at the time with the auto industry at rock bottom and Chrysler facing bankruptcy, but took the chance and it worked out well. Also got a killer deal as trucks were piling up on lots all over.

Extremely happy with this truck.

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Bought my Lifetime Warranty from Ziegler online for $2300 with $100 deductible. It's a Factory backed warranty, not 3rd party. I think the 2500 gas engines still qualify for the Lifetime warranty, but you can call them to double check.

granite14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500, 4x4, CC, SLT Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I got mine from Ziegler as well. It actually activates next week according to the paperwork. I have the 2500, 6.4L.

Wow, can't believe you have 80k on yourtruck already!

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah, they tried to sell me a 7 year warranty and it was $4600!?! ... nope. Wish we could get alot of the US deals including their price.

Yikes I got the 7 year warranty with a 50.00 deduct for roughly mid 2k (in Canada):favorites13:

OP
OP
K

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 MDS
Thanks all

Thanks to everyone who replied. Next question, is this a bumper to bumper warranty or just powertrain?

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe it is a mechanical, named inclusion only warranty. (I.e., it is NOT a bumper to bumper.)

Named inclusion = they write down a laundry list of stuff they include. If it's not on the list, it's not included.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yikes I got the 7 year warranty with a 50.00 deduct for roughly mid 2k (in Canada):favorites13:
Yes but there is at least 4 different options for the 7 year depending on km usage and powertrain/powertrain and bumper to bumper. ......

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^ Unfortunately we can't get that here in Canada.

It really sucks!

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I believe it is a mechanical, named inclusion only warranty. (I.e., it is NOT a bumper to bumper.)

Named inclusion = they write down a laundry list of stuff they include. If it's not on the list, it's not included.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I got the $2300 Lifetime Maxcare $100 from Ziegler like some others and I believe it's the opposite. If it's not listed it's not included. The only things listed were basic wear and tear items like belts/hoses, brake pads, fluids, etc. I remember that was a big selling point for me.

There are different levels and the on down from the Maxcare is likely the other way - the list of 1000s of things that are covered and if it's not listed it's not covered.

Main things to remember with these:

DON'T buy aftermarket warranties - Mopar/Dodge/Chrysler or it's not worth the paper it's written on
DON'T need to buy from the dealer you buy your truck from. You have at least 12mo/12K miles to buy from ANY dealer - it's all done by VIN
DON'T fall for the pressure from the finance guy at the time of purchase. They will go to amazing lengths to try and sell you something..... anything.... anything. The guy's family literally eats or not by him screwing you :(

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Who's this Zeigler guy you all speak of.

It's an auto group in Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana that sells a Chrysler FACTORY warranty online for the best price I could find around. I bought from them right before my 12 months/12,000 miles was up on my truck, so I was able to get the lowest price listed on their site for the Lifetime Maximum Care with $100 deductible. Cool story, but their price had just gone up about $100 about a month before I pulled the trigger. So, I called them to find out about the legitimacy of their warranties and find out why the price increase, or did I just have my previous numbers wrong. The gentleman on the phone explained everything in great detail of how everything works and answered all my questions. Then at the end of the phone call, he gave me a discount code to enter at the checkout when ordering from their site.

Chrysler Factory Plans.....is their site.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer matched when I told them I would buy online if they didn't match. I told them it makes no difference to me where I buy the warranty. They matched for $2300. I almost feel I should have started lower as they said they can do that price no problem.