RAM Lifetime Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have it? What does it cover exactly? Is it worth it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
There are many threads on this topic. As the discussion can get contentious, you might wanna do a search and read through what's out there.

Essentially its a bumper to bumper lifetime warranty and covers everything a bumper to bumper would cover. Obviously, normal wear items like brake pads, rotors, air filters etc aren't covered. If you're not a long term owner (read keeping vehicles more than 10 years/150,000 miles) it's likely not worth it. Some dealers push these at ridiculous prices. They can be had for about $2500 on gas engines. EcoDiesel models don't qualify for the lifetime warranty.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Pre paid break down coverage. Awesome!

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
I got it when I bought my 2015 Ram last week with 11,000 miles on it.
I sleep better at night and many years to come.
It was $2780, $100 deductible.

init6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's only really worth it if you are sure you will keep the vehicle a looooong time. But think about it.. the fancy head unit with navigation and all this cool stuff... in year six if that breaks you just made money on the warranty deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's only really worth it if you are sure you will keep the vehicle a looooong time. But think about it.. the fancy head unit with navigation and all this cool stuff... in year six if that breaks you just made money on the warranty deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or a trans goes out......made even bigger money.................which is why I got it.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
with all the electronics, i find it well worth the cost.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
worth it

Bfazona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worth it, but I heard you have to do all your routine maintenance intervals at a Ram dealer. Might not be the case or vary across dealerships.

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
That's not correct. That would be the case if you have a shady dealer or only one dealer nearby. Legally, dealers and manufacturers aren't allowed to deny claims unless it can be proven maintenance wasn't done or poor workmanship caused the value of a warranted part. The key is to make sure you have documented evidence all services were done on time.

I haven't done enough research on this yet, but, it's my understanding there are certain "inspection" intervals that have to occur at dealers to maintain the lifetime warranty. I don't know all the details on that yet.

All that said, unless you're doing the maintenance yourself, I've found dealers here in NJ aren't that much more expensive than local technicians. I almost always have my vehicles services at a dealer. This, obviously, may not be the case where you live.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I got it in March 2014 on my 2500 Hemi for $2300 w/100 deductible. As the last poster said the maintenance at the dealer isn't much more than any other shop and the added bonus is you get software updates and recalls when you're there.

It's a gamble and they make a killing on people selling their vehicles sooner than they thought they would. I seem to remember reading you could get a prorated refund is you do sell early. I think it was amortized to have no value at 150K miles. This is a nearly 3 year old memory so I'm not totally sure.

Funny side note - I'm shopping for a new car for my wife and was reading about these same warranties for Mazdas and Toyotas. Consumer Reports did a survey and owners of the more reliable brands report less satisfaction with extended warranties (service contracts as they are legally called) than owners of less reliable brands. Ram owners were specifically mentioned as a happy group, meaning we use the warranty more. Toyota, Honda and Subaru were the least happy because they don't use the warranties as often.

There are definitely a lot of things I love about my Ram but honestly I have zero interest in owning one without a warranty in effect. In contrast our family truckster is a 10 year old Honda Odyssey minivan and that thing is like old faithful. Brakes and oil changes are about it.