Which New to me Ram to get

• Ram 1500

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Ram 2500 - Power Wagon

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Keep the K5

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So with the current news that I picked up a large side project I am thinking of changing things up again and getting rid of my K5 Blazer as my family 4x4 and pick up a newer RAM of sorts and per my usual MO lifted with a performance suspension of some kind.

So I'm torn between picking up a 1500 Lone Star, Laramie or preferably a Long Horn Package crew cab or do I go after a Power Wagon? I do have plans later on to pick up a 5.9L equipped MegaCab DRW for a RV tow rig so I'm not sure I need a 2500 right now.
As for which ever one I decide I will upgrade the suspension to be comfy and kinda want to build a Ram Runner type set up bu wont be doing any major offroading with it, yes it will pretty much be a pavement light tow queen.
Thoughts? Suggestions ? Things to change my mind?

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Powerwagon get everything you need in one, off road, towing, just look up the power wagon commercial and do some spec research i know im going for a powerwagon as my next Ram. but this is just my two cents

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any of them sound good....as long as there isn't gobs of chrome everywhere :happy107:

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Powerwagon get everything you need in one, off road, towing, just look up the power wagon commercial and do some spec research i know im going for a powerwagon as my next Ram. but this is just my two cents

I have thought about this, but not looking for a offroad truck, Plus budget wise I think I would get into a power wagon and not have much left to personalize it, but with a 1500 I can get into alot cheaper and leave more for upgrading to have a better ride... kinda want to build a raptor style set up....

Any of them sound good....as long as there isn't gobs of chrome everywhere :happy107:

I hate Chrome.... with a passion!!!!!!! All mu vehicles I either buy without or remove to other options

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i would still keep the K5.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree on the k5 keep. I have a lonestar and love it.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a company that does a "mid travel" 1500 with the 6.4 hemi.. I can't think of their name atm.. but it sounds like a good option. The power wagon is more of a go anywhere not so much a pre runner how ever Carli or thuren could fix that real fast.. so ..it's really up to you.. Go drive. A couple.. Me personally.. If money isn't a issue.. Power wagon- full Carli and goodies all the way around- 4:56 gears - 37"s .. And debt galore lol

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Keep the K5. I know it's easier and tempting to go new but there's noting I miss more than my old trucks.

That said, if you're gonna pull the trigger, and go for something to wheel, go CrewCab PowerWagon, and if need be, a shell. If I was to get stupid and take a loan out, to change out of the QC15004x4 it would be for a CCPW.

[Edit]p.s. You're a **** for not allowing "Multiple Answers" because I tried selecting PowerWagon and keep the K5.

So because of that, my official vote was PowerWagon, but here's the clause, keep the K5 and sell the RT. :D

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep the K5. I know it's easier and tempting to go new but there's noting I miss more than my old trucks.

That said, if you're gonna pull the trigger, and go for something to wheel, go CrewCab PowerWagon, and if need be, a shell. If I was to get stupid and take a loan out, to change out of the QC15004x4 it would be for a CCPW.

[Edit]p.s. You're a **** for not allowing "Multiple Answers" because I tried selecting PowerWagon and keep the K5.

So because of that, my official vote was PowerWagon, but here's the clause, keep the K5 and sell the RT. :D
I didnt even know i could change any settings.... i dont get to technical or learn much how to use alot of forums.... to much in my brain with so many other things i cant remember **** on computers....

The even harder part ti all this was just today i got a pre approval letter from the dealership i deal with basically saying come buy a new truck..... its like they have my phone tapped. But with the charger i dont want 1000-1200 in car payments. Id rather wait for the side kob and pay cash.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye