Ram mega cabs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone know of a dealer that has a good selection on mega cabs with the 6.4? The only dealer I can find that has a decent selection is hunter ram in Lancaster, ca.

Location isn't an issue. Want to get the best deal possible. Dave Smith has a few but they're all long horns. Don't want that. Too nice. Dennis dillon has nothing but diesels.
Going to be getting a new one soon. Want my options open.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you tried going to the RAM site and build out what you want and then chose search dealer inventory and see what that finds.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I have, but I could enter so many zip codes. Gets frustrating...

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, they used to let you search nation wide.

There seems to be hundreds of 4x4 SLT or tradesman megacabs with 6.4s within 200 miles of Boston.

GRB60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Why not find the right dealer and talk about a factory order, since it seems you're not likely going to find what you want sitting on a lot?

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm going to be surrendering my truck in a week or two. Can't go without another vehicle. I work six days a week. My wife uses her Murano to run the kids around.

I want the luxury group with bucket seats. They either have more than i want (option and price wise) or it's too basic, I'll be down grading. The dealer near me he everything i want except for the bucket seats.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems like you are in a bit of a pickle. You might have to make some exceptions on your wants and must haves if you need a truck in that kind of time frame. I know it sucks... trying to find your exact match. I did that when I got my truck, but I had time to find it. I started looking 4 months before I figured out what we wanted. Probably took me 2 or 3 weeks to actually find our exact truck.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could always go to a dealer and have them do a search. A lot of times they'll do a dealer trade. Plus they can search the inventory of all dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could always go to a dealer and have them do a search. A lot of times they'll do a dealer trade. Plus they can search the inventory of all dealers

Yep, they did this for my wife and I when we bought her Tahoe. Didn't have to pay any extra.

Luke

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm going to be surrendering my truck in a week or two. Can't go without another vehicle. I work six days a week. My wife uses her Murano to run the kids around.

I want the luxury group with bucket seats. They either have more than i want (option and price wise) or it's too basic, I'll be down grading. The dealer near me he everything i want except for the bucket seats.

I had bucket seats and now the jump seat with storage. Still a bucket seat with power driver seat. I prefer the seat with out the console. You should stop buy and check it out.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, they did this for my wife and I when we bought her Tahoe. Didn't have to pay any extra.

Luke

I did it with my truck. They said it was free to me as long as it was less than 300 miles away. Anymore than that I would have had to pay shipping

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I currently have the bench seat. one of the loaners had the bucket seats, I kinda liked it. Feels more luxurious, feels different. Can't explain it. I do like the bench, I like the fact it has three cup holders, one for my rockstar, spit cup and one for my wife's Starbucks. It's something different. If it's too much of a pain, I'll stick with the bench, I could always swap to the center console if I really wanted to.

When I set a date for the surrender, I'll call the dealer and see what they can find, get there when I surrender the truck, hoping I don't have to factory order it.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Are you driving a leash vehicle now? What do you mean surrender?

Ok. I've said it a million time here. Order a truck from Dennis Dillon. You get exactly what you want and pay for what you want and nothing you don't. I live in SoCal and ordered from Dillon. After all was said and done I saved about $5k over any other dealers offer in SoCal including the Lancaster dealer that never replied to my email inquiry.

Think about it. If it takes 8 weeks to receive your ordered truck and you have to give your up in a week or two that is 6-7 weeks you can rent a cheap ass car for that time period while your truck is being build. You sure you can't pay a bit extra and keep your current car until an ordered truck arrives?

Or, you can kill yourself looking for the truck of your dreams and then not find it and pay too much for a truck with options you don't want/use or you drive a stripped down work truck. I don't want to say you have **** poor planning but it looks like you didn't think this through too well. Pencil out your options and keep emotions out of the equation. Good luck.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When i say surrender, ram is buying back my truck.

I called Dennis dillon a month back. to get those ridiculously low prices, you had a member of American ranchers or farmers organization and some other things I've never heard of to get the incentives. And when I did call, they didn't seemed very interested.

I can call them and Dave Smith again....

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Not sure if he works there any more but ask for the guy I used to order my truck from DD, Kim Tolsma. I have heard very little negative feed back from DD customers. And yes, the very lowest price you see listed; very few qualify for that price but their low non negotiable price listed just above that is still as much lower than 99% of all other dealers.

People see to get good deals and service from Dave Smith too.

SixPoints_Kev

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.7 CTD
Zeddy, try checking out Huntington Beach Dodge Jeep Chrysler Ram. They have decent prices and a huge inventory. They don't have all the same discounts that DD does but if you find something that's been in their inventory long enough, you could easily get 10-14k off sticker. That's where I bought both of my Ram's from.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Zeddy, try checking out Huntington Beach Dodge Jeep Chrysler Ram. They have decent prices and a huge inventory. They don't have all the same discounts that DD does but if you find something that's been in their inventory long enough, you could easily get 10-14k off sticker. That's where I bought both of my Ram's from.

HB Chrysler has little inventory and they are one of the dealerships that we take most of our Ram 1500 fleet trucks to for service and repair in the Orange County area. I'm no stranger at that place and I couldn't even get an email reply for quote request for what I wanted. Go get $10-$14k off a truck that is fully optioned the way you want it. Not a last years model left over truck.