A Ram originally from Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattstaub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 14 Longhorn from Canada. If I may ask, what 3rd party did you guys buy your warranty from?

Thanks,
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tazzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Us buys cars from Canada when our dollar is low like it is now. When our dollar (Canada) is close to par with the US dollar Caandians buy Us trucks.

$60 000 Can is now $45 200 US

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I'm driving a 2011 Longhorn from Canada and unfortunately had lots of repairs done recently all covered by the third party warranty I bought, I've had no issues at all with parts not being the same.

Just curious which 3rd party warranty did you purchase. Thx

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm driving a 2011 Longhorn from Canada and unfortunately had lots of repairs done recently all covered by the third party warranty I bought, I've had no issues at all with parts not being the same.

Yeah, I think that's an issue of the past when assembly plants were a little more regional.
It makes no sense from a financial perspective to have unique parts either side of the border. Especially when they're all rolling off the same assembly line.

All Challengers and Chargers are made in Brampton, Ontario.
All Pacifica and Caravan are made in Windsor, Ontario
All Ram 1500 are made in Warren, Michigan
All Jeeps are made in Toledo, Ohio

Aside from country specific trim packages and requirements (like DTR's, and kms vs miles on gauge cluster), there would be no point in manufacturing different parts for different countries.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yeah, I think that's an issue of the past when assembly plants were a little more regional.
It makes no sense from a financial perspective to have unique parts either side of the border. Especially when they're all rolling off the same assembly line.

All Challengers and Chargers are made in Brampton, Ontario.
All Pacifica and Caravan are made in Windsor, Ontario
All Ram 1500 are made in Warren, Michigan
All Jeeps are made in Toledo, Ohio

Aside from country specific trim packages and requirements (like DTR's, and kms vs miles on gauge cluster), there would be no point in manufacturing different parts for different countries.

The regular cab shortbox 1500's are made in Mexico,not Warren

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck is from Canada . I called And was told the only way they would honor a factory warranty is if I can prove that it was imported legally. It was but I don't have those documents. I'm not the original owner so I'm sol. I just paid my local finance company for one and give me a little piece of mind Think it's Route66 . In some cases if you can prove what Chrysler wants they will honor it . The local dealer showed me my truck is Red Flagged from Ram Chrysler. My truck is a 2012 3500 with only 45k it still (had)has a factory warranty till April of 2018 Or a certain amount of miles that can't remember they gave it to me kilometers. But remaining will never be honored .

Last edited:

RMelton

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good morning. I work for Chrysler Warranty Direct. Sometimes we are able to switch a vehicle over to U.S. from Canada. If you vehicle is eligible, you would be able to put a service contract on the vehicle. You can contact me at 828.316.7224

RMelton

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 14 Longhorn from Canada. If I may ask, what 3rd party did you guys buy your warranty from?

Thanks,
Matt

Good morning. I work for Chrysler Warranty Direct. Sometimes we are able to switch a vehicle over to U.S. from Canada. If you vehicle is eligible, you would be able to put a service contract on the vehicle. You can contact me at 828.316.7224

Bluto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is sooooooo funny. Now I know why the used car dealer dropped the price on my truck by $8k.
But they made a mistake and never disclosed it was a Ca truck. They went so far as to tell me I had the balance of the Chrysler warranty. I think it was the rookie sales manager.

So when the manifold bolt issue arrived and I learned from a dodge dealer that they won't touch the truck, the used car dealer paid for the repair.

I guess the trade in will suck for me but that 8k discount was pretty sweat.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
GREAT to have someone like you around to have ALL the right answer's :) WELCOME to the group

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It's so stupid. As far as I know the difference is the dash is set to KPH and the gas tank has to have 4.5 gallons of gas in it or something. No clue why it wouldn't be covered. It's also probably built in Michigan

ngiovas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There is an exception to this rule - if you are buying a Canadian vehicle in the US that was previously a daily rental vehicle, they will allow you to transfer the warranty. The dealer would need to do this in the warranty management system at the time of sale.

Chrysler stopped honoring the warranty on imported vehicles years ago to prevent dealers from flooding the market with really cheap used cars.

My vehicle (2015 RAM 2500) was a Canadian vehicle. The only thing they changed when imported was turning off the DRLs and converting the speedometer to MPH. I saved thousands and feel it was well worth the price difference (I was buying used regardless).

RAMdrvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My '13 Ram 1500 Bighorn was a Canadian truck according to the VIN. It explains why the dealer (who put a Certified Pre-Owned warranty on it BTW) replaced my gauge console with one that had Kmh on the speedo dial vs. mph. But its a moot point though because after having to get the brakes done (hardly any pad left), the fuel pump and the fuel pump control module replaced all before I made my first payment, the dealer is trading me into another Ram. That one is currently in service getting inspected to make sure everything is ok with it.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Mine was also a Canadian truck. Built in Michigan and sold from a dealer in Ontario. What allowed me to have the warranty honored *** that the truck was originally purchased by Enterprise rental and used as fleet. The other *** that the odometer was already in miles instead of kilometers. So I now have the rest of the 3/36k b2b and the 5/100k pt as well as the extended warranty.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
There is an exception to this rule - if you are buying a Canadian vehicle in the US that was previously a daily rental vehicle, they will allow you to transfer the warranty. The dealer would need to do this in the warranty management system at the time of sale.

Chrysler stopped honoring the warranty on imported vehicles years ago to prevent dealers from flooding the market with really cheap used cars.

My vehicle (2015 RAM 2500) was a Canadian vehicle. The only thing they changed when imported was turning off the DRLs and converting the speedometer to MPH. I saved thousands and feel it was well worth the price difference (I was buying used regardless).
Did they say why they turned off the DLRs? Mine are still on and the cluster allows for both mph and kph from the factory.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Bought my 2013 Sport this year for dirt ass cheap.

Cons:
The U Connect is only the radio HD, GPS, MAP, Blue tooth etc.
Basically no Remote start, Subscription or Lo-Jack Capabilities.
They say warranty but if like me at 37k when bought, whatever. I bought the 5 yr/60k+ warranty for like 2 grand so meh, its covered no matter what dealership I go to know now heheheh.

Also many Insurance companies sell warranties for a discounted price, the dealer ship just took off 10% and tax free for military veteran hehehe.

Pros:
Price