RAM Service Department Survey: How would you rate them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
9's and 10's, Excellent: Bonus time

6 to 8, Satisfied: May get a pizza party

3 to 5, Needs improvement: Get new management

1 to 2, Fire the whole DAMN service department

Give a brief description of why you think they deserve that rating

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I'm in the middle at this time. I've only been for one service since getting my vehicle. First service was ok. Called this week to have a brake controller installed that I purchased from their parts department. 3 week wait for an appointment. In 2017 this is entirely unnecessary. Called another dealer for an appointment on Monday could have had an appointment that Wednesday. The first servicing dealer gets a 3-5 at this time. We'll see how the new dealer does.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From the service department POV, anything other than a 10 is a failure. Takes a lot of tens to make up for one nine. Not saying that you revise your rating, but thats what is means at the other end. A 9 is bad and means they need to improve, its nowhere near bonus time.

I sometimes will give high ratings, and then make note in the comments section of what didn't go exactly right, like taking way too long. But then the dealer I use tends to do good work anyway. I also throw in that, if FCA pays more for warranty work and allows the techs more time, they would improve customer satisfaction.

Last edited:

Mayh3m

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the service department POV, anything other than a 10 is a failure. Takes a lot of tens to make up for one nine. Not saying that you revise your rating, but thats what is means at the other end. A 9 is bad and means they need to improve, its nowhere near bonus time.

I sometimes will give high ratings, and then make note in the comments section of what didn't go exactly right, like taking way too long. But then the dealer I use tends to do good work anyway. Also throw in that if FCA pays more for warranty work and allows the techs more time, they would improve customer satisfaction.

I like what you are doing there!! Throwing the little guys a bone but still making good (or semi-good) marks.. Could be a good reason for solid work with your ride. Well, work you are happy with anyway. May try that method. I like it!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my line of work anything under a 10 is failing-
I am sure they take the same approach as stated above.

OP
OP
Eestee70

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

I sometimes will give high ratings, and then make note in the comments section of what didn't go exactly right, like taking way too long. But then the dealer I use tends to do good work anyway. Also throw in that if FCA pays more for warranty work and allows the techs more time, they would improve customer satisfaction.

Oh yeah....I know how the process works. This is just to see how cutomers rate the service department experience. The scoring I used are just generic numbers for this thread.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Thankfully, I have a good dealer. If I need anything, there is always a loaner gassed up and waiting (business link member), if I ever just need to wait on a service, they get me in and out quickly. Reading what some folks on here go thru with their dealer, really makes me appreciate mine more.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I switched service departments about 18 months ago. I had two dealers closer to me tell me that they couldn't adjust the TPMS pressures on my 2014 2500. At that point I start calling other dealerships and ask to speak to the service manager. One of them impressed and I gave them a shot. They are out of my way. But I do not have any complaints.
I have a good friend who is a salesman at that dealership, unfortunately their pricing sucks.
The previous dealer I was using for service constantly gave me **** for bringing in a vehicle I didn't purchase at their dealership.
The new service department is Musson Patout in New Iberia. I call and make an appointment they tell me how much time to expect and they are usually within a 1/2 hour. When I got my transmission serviced on the 2500 they gave me a quote. She realized at billing she quoted the wrong vehicle and honored the price anyway. Can't beat that.
I never give 10's. I was told by one of my managers years ago that 10's are for perfection. Everyone always has room to improve. Unless, I am trying to force HR to let me give someone more money. They will never see a 10 either.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i would give the service department a 10 at the dealer i use.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The service department at Stan McNabb in Tullahoma, TN is a 10 in my opinion. The entire dealership has been top notch in my experience.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I do give 10's where earned, but perfection has to be earned. I give my dealer a lot of 9's and 10's on all the social aspects.

I've only had one 7 experience with this dealer: Tech and service writer half assed an honest question about rough idle and gave me a laundry list of things (obviously without looking--like clean throttle body when it's spotless from a catch can) or pay for spark plug replacement 10K miles early--I knew they didn't scope it with that one or they'd have told me which cylinder was acting up.
So I gave them a seven and explained in my comments that they half-assed it. That was a Saturday and the regular service writer would never have blown smoke at me like that.

And, before someone defends them, I ran a can of Seafoam through the induction system and the rough idle went away--these sloths could have tried to sell a BG induction cleaning and I'd have had more respect, but instead they just blew me off.

Maybe the service manager appreciated my explanation for the 7 as a "teachable moment." :disgust: :argue::flamingdevil::emotions122: :mad3::killer: ?

Its a shame because this is the type of behavior that gives mechanics and dealer service a bad reputation. Seems like it happens a lot to women and the non-mechanical.

Last edited:

Golden cobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The service department at my local Ram dealer in Wenatchee Washington is the absolute worst service department I have ever dealt with. The day before yesterday was the last time I will ever go there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My dealer's service dept has previously been pretty good. They handled my Durango R/T pretty well with no issues...until June this year when I had my last oil change on it. After getting it back I found the engine cover jammed on incorrectly (not a huge deal).

Fast forward to my new 2017 Rebel. They misdiagnosed the "vehicle phone requires service" message as the whole head unit being bad. Replaced it this last week and it popped up again before I even left the lot. Next up is replacing the shark fin antenna and cable. If they can't get this worked out they definitely won't be getting high scores from me. They need to fix this (with the help of Dodge/Ram).

In the past they've hinted at wanting high scores. Never had an issue giving them so far...but we'll see how they do on this repair.

The sales department has been great though...both on my Durango R/T back several years ago and especially on my Rebel.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has always gone out of their way to take awesome care of me. Best dealer I have ever dealt with.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
So far I have been very happy with my Dealer Bangor Dodge in Maine! They always greet you with a smile and listen to you! The bonus for me is their parts Dept. has close to internet prices or better :) They are the first dealer I have trusted and they do my service work as well! so far all my surveys have been rated 10

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I called my closest dealer, not the one I purchased from two weeks ago to schedule my first oil change. I was shocked when I was told the soonest they could see me was two weeks out, and this is for an oil change.....

Was shocked at the waiting time.

My appointment is on Tuesday, will report back how it goes.

ODLEO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
9 Have only used the dealership Orr at Searcy, AR, once for some warranty work, They got me the same day I called and completed with the repair in 30 minutes. Now if I could rate the salesman he would get a 2 because he decided to call a buddy that bought a truck from him and have my buddy call me and tell me to take the deal I was offered.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I called my closest dealer, not the one I purchased from two weeks ago to schedule my first oil change. I was shocked when I was told the soonest they could see me was two weeks out, and this is for an oil change.....

Was shocked at the waiting time.

My appointment is on Tuesday, will report back how it goes.

Some dealers give priority to the customers that purchase their vehicles from them. Others have to wait in line. At least this has been my experience.
Jay