RAM Service Department Survey: How would you rate them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The service department at Stan McNabb in Tullahoma, TN is a 10 in my opinion. The entire dealership has been top notch in my experience.

I wish they weren't so far.....hear good things. Been going to Columbia Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and been getting pretty good service. No complaints.

DanR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It depends what aspect... unfortunately my dealer's service is just way too overwhelmed and you need to leave the vehicle for the entire day for anything. The appointment system is a joke... you get an appointment say for 8AM and you get there along with the 50 other people that had the same appointment. You waste about 45 minutes to an hour waiting for your turn, getting signed in and talking to the check-in person, then waiting for the shuttle. There's something absolutely infuriating about having an "appointment" yet they take your vehicle in, drive it through the service center and then out the back door and park it in the client area for a few hours before they even touch it.

Needless to say, I only use the dealer for warranty work... other than that, no way.

I do give them full marks for the workmanship... so far any warranty work I have had done on previous vehicles, it was fixed the first time and my vehicle came back clean and tidy like I had left it.

Dan

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'd have to give my local dealer a 4.

The staff is friendly and courteous, but...

Sometime in the 2012-13 range...

Negative - 1. Had to have the body control module (the one that handles the remote locks & alarm) replaced on my '01 Dakota. They did the job, but didn't do the initial programing and none of the features other than the one keyfob worked. Because the initial programing had not been done, none of the self programing options in the manual worked. Had to bring it back to be configured.

Skip forward to 2015...

Negative - 2. Brought my Dakota in for a new AC compressor (Clutch seized). They replaced it seemingly without incident, but in 12 years the system had never leaked. In the 2 years since they did the compressor it won't hold a charge longer than 6 months. Possibly a coincidence, but not likely.

Negative - 3a. Same Dakota in for a new steering rack and new power steering lines. They did the job but afterwards I was feeling something hit at each end of the steering range. Took it back in and it turned out that the tech had installed the tie road ends swapped (L to R, R to L). They had to take it back apart and do it correctly.

Positive - 3b. Also had a busted rear spring shackle replaced at the same time as the steering rack. This one went fine. (Yes, actually had the shackle on both sides replaced).

Skip forward a year...

Neutral - 4. Same Dakota. Was having weird problems with the engine dieing randomly, had been chasing it for months. Finally gave up and brought it in and they actually found the problem! Bad ECM, when it was under 40F or over 75F outside, it was randomly completely resetting. Great, they found the problem. Now, they want $800 for a reman ECM PLUS labor & flashing? Don't think so. Not on a 15 year old truck. Bought a reman ECM from a place in Florida that specialized in Chrysler ECMs, flashed to the latest firmware and with my VIN and mileage for $300, FedEx'd to my door. Installed myself in 5 minutes.

Skip ahead to 3 weeks ago...

Bought a Certified 2014 RAM 1500 Express with the Blackout package. Got a decent price, still waiting on my registration sticker though...

Negative - 5. Went to the service dept to ask about having Steering Wheel Audio controls added. My Dakota had them and after using them for 16 years I REALLY miss them on the new truck. They sent me to parts. Parts babbled about possibly needing a new BCM and Clock Spring, sent me back to Service to ask. Service didn't have a clue and reluctantly, after I carefully explained exactly the 4 parts and procedure required, quoted me two hours labor plus the inflated parts cost. The only reason I even asked them was that I was nervous about removing the airbag. I've since ordered the kit from moparonlineparts for $140, it arrived yesterday. Just waiting for time to install it.

For anyone curious, this is all Dutchess Dodge in Poughkeepsie, NY. There's another 30 minutes south (also had no clue on the audio controls install) and a 3rd 40 minutes north, haven't tried them for anything yet.

-K

Golden cobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well I had to go back to the service department that I swore I'd never use again just to get another reminder as to why I don't go there anymore!
I had a really busy week and didn't have time to replace my bad CV axles myself so I took it in for warranty. I thought everything was good to go and made it about 200 miles before the CV axle slid off the stub shaft doing 70 mph on Snoqualmie Pass. Let me tell you that's one experience I don't want to have ever again it was like a sledgehammer beating the hell out of the underside of my truck. There was no retention on the retainer clip and I think the only thing holding it on was the suction from all of the grease they used before sliding it over the splines. I had to get the truck towed 2 hours away and find a ride for My Wife and Kidsb2fd3271915316790f926e2b248bb342.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
zero, some of the **** they pull drags them all down IMO. No warranty should ever be denied, absolute garbage blaming lack of oil change receipts as a legit cause to deny warranty.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So far the dealer I use has been stellar!

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Had a recent TPMS issue...Made an appt for an afternoon service...They did a re-learn and it cleared the system. As I was signing the paperwork the advisor makes a smartass comment about getting a BETTER survey score on this particular event...lol...The re-learn lasted for approx. 12 hrs and the TPMS issue was back again the next morning....Made another appt for an afternoon service...The only opening was 4 days later...Returned again to the dealer at the prescribed day/time...Sat for 1.5 hrs in the waiting room while they only did another re-learn on the sensors...The system got cleared again...Unfortunately again it only lasted for 12 hrs and the issue was back the following morning...Made a 3rd appt, but decided to cancel till I can take the truck back to the dealership I purchased it from, when I have the time to do so...I had no other choice but to throw this dealers service dept under the bus on the survey scores again...All mechanical survey questions were given a "0" rating...Nothing will happen to these dealers by FCA, as this particular dealer has been in biz for 60 years in a small crime ridden community...In Nov 2015 the P.S. hose erupted on my truck and proceeded to eliminate all steering and braking, as the lining in the hose clogged the h.booster and making it inoperable...It took the dealer 2 weeks to repair...I made several inquirys with FCA customer service...Talked to a Kori, Andrea, during that timeframe on multible occasions...Both of those reps absolutely sucked and were NO help what-so-ever...Apparently minimum wage doesn't go very far these days...One GOOD thing is that both the Svc Mgr and the Advisor from the dealership that did the r&r on the hose are NO LONGER employed there...

Last edited:

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My local dealer is so bad that they haven't seen me for a good 11 or 12 years. I've used an indy for many years when needed.