Ram still offering air ride suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I'm planning to order a new 2018 RCSB Night edition as soon as Ram allows it (assuming its available for 2018). The Ram website isn't super clear on this but I've seen a few Youtube videos about the Night edition and it appears the Night's come (came) with the air ride suspension, at least in the CC platform. Does anyone know if this always the case or if Ram even offered the air ride in 2017? It is appealing to me as I might be able to lower an air ride w/lift and get it into my garage vs a standard suspension is will definitely be a no go.

Going through the build/price process on the Ram website there is no mention of the air ride. Just wondering if it is still offered or if they abandoned it? Was it ever offered in a regular cab/short bed?

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was available when I ordered by 2016 and I know someone that has a 2017 and it was available for that too.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just went through the build on the website, and it shows up for CC, but not RC.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I hope it's available. I'm already a bit bummed that I (apparently) can't get factory leather in a regular cab Night.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
To the best of my knowledge it was never an option on the short wheelbase trucks,not sure why you couldn't get the air suspension on a regular cab shortbox,as I think it would of been a nice option to have

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
i see ram commercials all the time and they always mention available air suspension... so id say it is

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered a new Night two weeks ago, and the air ride suspension was an option. But I heard that the orders for 17 have been closed. So you will have to wait a little before you will be able to order a 18 model. I would look for a 17 that your dealer can get as you should be able to save 1000s on it. That is why I made sure to order a 17 before it was to late.
But after having it in the Rebel I made sure not to get it again. I did not care for it at all, except the cool factor of lowering it so the wife could get in it easier.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've been waiting for the 2018 ordering to begin but I can't decide what I want since I can't get exactly what I want as Ram won't make it. I've never ordered a brand new vehicle and was hoping I wouldn't have to compromise but that apparently isn't going to be the case. Maybe the 2018s will bring some different options, guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Patrick_O

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I ordered a new Night two weeks ago, and the air ride suspension was an option. But I heard that the orders for 17 have been closed. So you will have to wait a little before you will be able to order a 18 model. I would look for a 17 that your dealer can get as you should be able to save 1000s on it. That is why I made sure to order a 17 before it was to late.

But after having it in the Rebel I made sure not to get it again. I did not care for it at all, except the cool factor of lowering it so the wife could get in it easier.

Curious what did you not like about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't recall it being an option on rcsb trucks ever. I'm sure it'll be available in 2018, just not on the rcsb

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I'm planning to order a new 2018 RCSB Night edition as soon as Ram allows it (assuming its available for 2018). The Ram website isn't super clear on this but I've seen a few Youtube videos about the Night edition and it appears the Night's come (came) with the air ride suspension, at least in the CC platform. Does anyone know if this always the case or if Ram even offered the air ride in 2017? It is appealing to me as I might be able to lower an air ride w/lift and get it into my garage vs a standard suspension is will definitely be a no go.

Going through the build/price process on the Ram website there is no mention of the air ride. Just wondering if it is still offered or if they abandoned it? Was it ever offered in a regular cab/short bed?
Should you manage to get one get the dealer to install any lift and roll it into your payment because I'm sure if the system breaks and you had it lifted after the Purchase they'll use it as a an excuse to void your warranty.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I'm going to ask about having a lift installed at the dealership but I'm guessing they'll only install the Mopar lift which is beyond ridiculously priced unless something has changed dramatically since I last looked at them. I'm guessing purchase and install would be over $4000.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious what did you not like about it?

When going around corners, it feels like the steering is all over the road when it is in normal mode and when it is lowered to the aero mode the steering is even worse. Plus the truck rides rougher than my old sport with rear leaf springs. I will like the ride a lot more when my Night Editon gets here.