Ram VS dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what is up you guys so i found a really nice 2015 Ram 1500 laramie longhorn with everything i could want in a truck (besides the shift knob) but its through the dealer i got my current Ram and im not to fond of these guys should i bail on that Ram and look elsewhere. what have you guys done when it comes to finding the perfect truck but dealing with a crappy dealer???

bretttn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
what is up you guys so i found a really nice 2015 Ram 1500 laramie longhorn with everything i could want in a truck (besides the shift knob) but its through the dealer i got my current Ram and im not to fond of these guys should i bail on that Ram and look elsewhere. what have you guys done when it comes to finding the perfect truck but dealing with a crappy dealer???
My opinion, as long as pricing is right and truck is right? What more can they do? Any warranty work can be done at another dealer. If miles are right you can add lifetime. Good luck hope everything goes your way!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cubmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My opinion, as long as pricing is right and truck is right? What more can they do? Any warranty work can be done at another dealer. If miles are right you can add lifetime. Good luck hope everything goes your way!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Just do what your bank account can stand. You can get service anywhere. That's where they make most of their money anyway.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If everything looks good...in person and paper...id say go for it.

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Kevin, all I can do is recommend my FERNLEY Dealer

They're GREAT and if you talk to ANTHONY--he'll get you a deal-775-404-3330

Hell if you talk to ANTHONY-have him give me a call and come down and I'll show you mine (ANTHONY got for me)--tell him JIMBO recommended him !

Good luck-

:crazy: JIMBO

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like some of the stuff fernley dodge has its just i like that 15 longhorn crew cab 6'4 bed but idk maybe ill hold out till i can go brand new.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh and the main reason i cant stand my current dealer is because it is the most bogus warrenty ive seen they gave me "2 year complimentary maintainence". and they told me they were going to use conventional oil after ive already gone synthetic and my Ram has 92k miles and when i ask what does my warrenty cover they say they dont know that they have to have me bring in my truck to see what my warrenty can cover ( i have some maintainence coming up) and it scares me that I either
1. have to pay for maintainence on a warrenty covered vehicle
2. let them mess up my truck that could make it inoperable or more expensive to fix after the warrenty expires.

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) I can digit--but

Any DODGE DEALER in any state can process your warrantee/ based on your ownership records and VIN--

You don't need to return to the same dealer---mainly if your warranty is in writing, or on the Chrysler DATABASE/VIN--

Good luck

:crazy: JIMBO

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would hold out till you find a truck you want at a different dealer.

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What don't you line about the dealer? Is it the salespeople or service? If its salespeople, but the numbers look good, just grin and bear it. If its service, like all the others have said any dealer can help you with service. I wasn't crazy about the dealer I bought mine from, but they were 5,000 less than anybody else in a 100 mile radius. I have a dealer 3 miles from my house I will use when I need service. I bought a CPO Ram, and any dealer will honor that. I may decide to go lifetime if my next bonus check is enough.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just a word of caution - I've owned (in order) Subaru, Toyota, Ford, Nissan, Chevy and now my Ram. While I like my truck, without a doubt Ram's service departments are at the bottom of the list by a mile. Unless your truck is on fire or won't move there is nothing wrong in their eyes. Point being just because you don't like a certain dealer the one across town likely won't be any better.

In the whole grand scheme of things the crappy service is a minor annoyance and wouldn't even keep me from buying another Ram. My $$ goes way further with Ram and I guess they have to save somewhere. I just find it entertaining to listen/watch the service writers tap dance and lie out their asses to people every time I'm in for something. Everything is "normal" or "they all do that". Right up until it catches fire or won't move. Then maybe you can get their attention for some repair.

In my experience, all other major brand dealers hit stuff head on and take care of problems. Ram reminds me a bit of RV dealers where they either break even or lose a bit on warranty work and don't want it. Or, the grumpy guy in the office gets a bonus for turning people away.... or??? who knows.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It really depends on your dealer. I have had bad experience with many other brands also. I have actually had good with my rams and i usually dont service at the dealer i bought from.