Ram wiper motors suck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was caught in a rather nasty storm (rain) yesterday and the rain was so hard we could not see. Even on high the wipers seemed dangerously slow. I know you can use rain x and wax , etc. just curious if anyone else finds the highest speed to be annoyingly slow !

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nope. Never wished they were faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Meh, maybe it was just a freak rain storm. We get them a lot in south texas, just seemed slower than normal. Must be in my head!

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never thought they were too slow. There is an incredible difference between a windshield treated with Rainx and an untreated one. Going down the highway in a heavy downpour you barely need the wipers. It helps on the side windows too.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like you need to slow down.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in Oregon where it rains a lot during the winter and have no complaints about wiper speed or quality. I drive at highway speeds in heavy rain at least a couple times a week from November-April.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On a related aside, I've seen it rain so hard in Houston that you need scuba gear rather than wipers. Those squalls where you're on the the freeway and you just slightly slow trying in vain to see in front of you or behind you, can't see to stop, can't see to pull over, hoping you run out of squall before you run out of prayers.

Smxtmpr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
nah man Rain-x and no wipers is how i usually do it, they only have to swoop past once or twice so speed doesn't matter

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On a related aside, I've seen it rain so hard in Houston that you need scuba gear rather than wipers. Those squalls where you're on the the freeway and you just slightly slow trying in vain to see in front of you or behind you, can't see to stop, can't see to pull over, hoping you run out of squall before you run out of prayers.

This is what I'm talking about. Maybe some of these guys just don't know, speed has nothing to do with the weird squalls we can get. Going 5-10mph on a freeway rated for 75 and you still can't see. Guess its just location location location

RamXpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree. Compared to my wife's vehicle and others I'm around all day working in the car industry the blades are extremely slow. Very annoying. Dodge told me they go no faster and wouldnt warranty a new motor until it actually broke. Now conveniently after bumper to bumper ended they stopped all together. SMH!

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
IIRC there is a warning in the owner's manual against using rain-x and similar products if your truck is equipped with automatic wipers. Something about making it difficult/impossible for the system to detect rain after the coatings are applied. FWIW...
Best,
DG

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I was caught in a rather nasty storm (rain) yesterday and the rain was so hard we could not see. Even on high the wipers seemed dangerously slow. I know you can use rain x and wax , etc. just curious if anyone else finds the highest speed to be annoyingly slow !

Really you will think I am messing with you but I am not,

All the trucks that have that Bw44-44 transfer case that are Sooo slow to engage also got the Soo slow wiper motors.
They did this because if the wipers wiped fast the trucks owner would then realize how slow there Bw44-44 transfer case was to engage.

Haa,Ha :crazy::naughty:

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I don't think I've ever had mine on high speed to be honest

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
nah man Rain-x and no wipers is how i usually do it, they only have to swoop past once or twice so speed doesn't matter

same here. rarely use my wipers in the rain. rain-x is one of the best things i've used when it comes to vehicles in my entire life. I am amazed with all those who i chat with over the years who dont know what it is or what it does. My older brother ( 50 years old now ) has vision problems, living in florida with their notorious 4pm showers, i turned him onto it a couple years ago and its been damn near a life saver for him.

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really you will think I am messing with you but I am not,

All the trucks that have that Bw44-44 transfer case that are Sooo slow to engage also got the Soo slow wiper motors.
They did this because if the wipers wiped fast the trucks owner would then realize how slow there Bw44-44 transfer case was to engage.

Haa,Ha :crazy::naughty:
You're STILL dead to me :)

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
same here. rarely use my wipers in the rain. rain-x is one of the best things i've used when it comes to vehicles in my entire life. I am amazed with all those who i chat with over the years who dont know what it is or what it does. My older brother ( 50 years old now ) has vision problems, living in florida with their notorious 4pm showers, i turned him onto it a couple years ago and its been damn near a life saver for him.

I'm aware of what it is, I was just curious if anyone else thought they were slow compared to other cars.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes, in the right conditions I have wished they were much faster...then I slowed down or pulled over.p

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam