Ram wiper motors suck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, in the right conditions I have wished they were much faster...then I slowed down or pulled over.p

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

One does not simply " pull over " when driving a ram. :roflsquared:

Q68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope. I have sort of an opposite problem - with the wipers set on automatic, at the lowest setting, they'll sometimes go into high speed with no more than a light drizzle. Very annoying.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
18 months into ownership on my RAM and never felt the wipers were lacking or subpar.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is sort of off topic, but, have you guys that use RainX had issues with the wiper reservoir not reading correctly? I've read issues with the "wax" coating the sensor in the reservoir and showing that you still have fluid, when you are actually empty. I think it's more of an annoyance than anything else... But, it's also a pain to fix. Something about removing the reservoir and the sensor to clean it off.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
This is sort of off topic, but, have you guys that use RainX had issues with the wiper reservoir not reading correctly? I've read issues with the "wax" coating the sensor in the reservoir and showing that you still have fluid, when you are actually empty. I think it's more of an annoyance than anything else... But, it's also a pain to fix. Something about removing the reservoir and the sensor to clean it off.

That is a common complaint with the Rain-X washer fluid. Some will claim they never have an issue but there is more than a few to include myself that have had issues with the stuff gumming up sensors and fluid nozzles.

I just use the hand wipe on, buff off Rain-X product and avoid the washer fluid version of it.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I had my sensor go bad. It reads low fluid even when full. The cheap fluid doesn't do squat for getting ice off the windshield so I still use the good stuff. It's a $5 part. It's probably taking me longer to write this post on my phone than what it takes to change the sensor. Pop the radiator cover, 4 bolts to get the grille out and you're there.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was caught in a rather nasty storm (rain) yesterday and the rain was so hard we could not see. Even on high the wipers seemed dangerously slow. I know you can use rain x and wax , etc. just curious if anyone else finds the highest speed to be annoyingly slow !

yes I did