Rebel trx concept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This thing doesn't have air suspension like the normal rebel. It's on king coilovers in the front and cool springs in rear. I'm assuming this goes along the same lines as the grand cherokees with terrain selection. I think it adjusts the 4wd system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is such a win for Ram and as others have said they would be idiots not to build this. All they would need to do is tweak a few things and it's ready to hit the production lines. FCA always does put out good concepts and this is one of the best yet. Just the sound of that Hellcat Hemi side dumped exhaust is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. The sound of that cat coming would just scare the Raptor away lol. Who thought a Hellcat motor could sound any meaner... Love all the little details they threw into this concept too. And functionality of intakes, heat extractors, lights, etc. Great job all around. BUILD IT. People love this thing.

Hopefully FCA or ram reads all the forums, Facebook comments, YouTube comments, instagram comments and where ever else and see that people are loving this thing. I'd love to see it beat up on the raptor line.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
quite a buzz around the truck on instagram. Mostly people saying FCA will never make it a production vehicle and that ford has nothing to worry about hahahah

Ford is prob praying they dont build it lol. The new Raptor will still sell great even if Ram started building this thing tomorrow. But there's no doubt Ford would lose a lot of sales to this truck. I still see guys all the time who say they want a V8 in a truck like the Raptor, no matter how much HP the "Eco"boost makes. So even that right there is a big reason people would flock to the Ram. Not to mention the notoriety of the Hellcat motors. From everything I've read and watched it seems the people at FCA are trying to gauge the popularity and public's reaction and so far that seems to be very strong and positive.

Last edited:

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hopefully FCA or ram reads all the forums, Facebook comments, YouTube comments, instagram comments and where ever else and see that people are loving this thing. I'd love to see it beat up on the raptor line.

Ford is prob praying they dont build it lol. The new Raptor will still sell great even if Ram started building this thing tomorrow. But there's no doubt Ford would lose a lot of sales to this truck. I still see guys all the time who say they want a V8 in a truck like the Raptor, no matter how much HP it makes. So even that right there is a big reason people would flock to the Ram. Not to mention the notoriety of the Hellcat motors. From everything I've read and watched it seems the people at FCA are trying to gauge the popularity and public's reaction and so far that seems to be very strong and positive.

i'll be skeptical till i actually see one on a lot. Everyone may love it, but who will actually buy it? Can the average joe afford it like we could a raptor? Or is this going to only be for guys like Dan Bilzerian(look him up if you dont know who he is hahaha)

I feel like that will be the deciding point if they turn this into a production vehicle...can they keep costs down enough in its current form enough to attract a lot of real buyers.

Hell i would love a supercar and would comment all over social media how sick a new one is and how much i would love to buy one, unless i win the lottery i dont think that will be happening...so chances are its the same for people saying how awesome this is..but most have no real interest in buying it.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I stand corrected, the little blurb we got a look at wasn't as informative. I just watched the FCA Video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1pEWgFgdE and at 4:04 they discuss it. Add-in the BorgWarner T/C and it's actually a pretty stout spec build.

*Click the beige image tab for a huge blow up shot.
Ram-Rebel-TRX-6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hell i would love a supercar and would comment all over social media how sick a new one is and how much i would love to buy one, unless i win the lottery i dont think that will be happening...so chances are its the same for people saying how awesome this is..but most have no real interest in buying it.

Comparing a truck that SHOULD be in the raptor price range or not far from it to a supercar isn't quite the same thing lol commenting and showing interest in a affordable vehicle may have some influence.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only way I could see them keeping costs down without reducing what it is, is swapping out the hellcat. Let's face it, the 6.4 or even a 5.7 hemi would still be a blast in that truck. Slap a blower on a 5.7 and it'll be right there with the raptor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Well if there's anything that would make the truck super expensive it's the Hellcat motor. But if it's tuned completely different and mated to a different trans and everything like in the concept it might keep pricing down. The FCA guys made it a point to not call it a "Hellcat", just a supercharged 6.2. But then again like said above if they actually build this truck I think it would be a good idea to offer the option of the 6.4 or 6.2. You can buy a 6.4 Scat Pack for just over $40 grand. Maybe offer a "Scat Pack" type version of the TRX. More no nonsense - a little rough around the edges but the real deal underneath. Let's face it - a fully loaded Rebel cost $50k, and they are selling well. I know I see a ton of them around here. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would throw their money at this truck even if it was more expensive than the Raptor.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let's face it - a fully loaded Rebel cost $50k, and they are selling well. I know I see a ton of them around here.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would throw their money at this truck even if it was more expensive than the Raptor.

Not in my area....rebels are like unicorns.

Dude a few houses down from me has one and that's the only one I see every now and then.

Agree with the other part....there is definetly those select few...with the funds...who would buy this thing just because.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I see a ton of them in Michigan. I swear I see more Rebels around here than regular 1500s. I just went on Ram.com... didnt even know the pentastar was an option. I thought the Hemi was standard and only engine available in the Rebel.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, this gives me some hope, no matter how misguided! Though I do like the rotary shift, it's nice to finally see something other than the rotary shift so the 8 speed might actually make it into an HD ( I could see the HD crowd having a stoke with the rotary shift.........)

There are definitely some great take always that I'd hope make it into the Ram production line, whether this truck sees the light of day or not.

And I'll go ahead and say it........I like the paddle shifters! I know some folks will think I'm crazy but the tiny buttons on the stearing wheel suck for any "spirited" driving!

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yup seen that.

Having left domestics in the early 2000's to play back in the world of Toyota and having done stuff with that Corporation, my hope is starting to lead towards what was done with the case of the FJ-C. They (Toyota) got enough positive input to make a run happen, and it just blew up from there. I ended up in a Ram this round because honestly, they impressed me. A LOT. (Well, I needed a Fullsize too.) I could have easily have bought a fullsize import, I could have gone Ford or GM, but went with Ram. (Yeah, working for a dealership influenced that by making my decision easier, but Ram honestly was hitting all my check marks at the time.) Oddly now a lot more people are seeing what I did, "..they simply are where the market is right now. Looks, Performance, etc.".

Make it happen. Make it make sense. It's literally that simple.
acb.jpg

'Nuf Said?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963