Rebel X at SEMA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RAM missed the mark big time with the rebel... especially with how it was marketed... but then again maybe they are targeting the wannabe look like a offroader crowd with this truck...

I agree it should have a 6.4L beast and a functional suspension above a stock or "offroad" package ram. If they would actually produce the RAM-Runner in this format I believe they would outsell the raptor, especially with the Rumor I read that the Ecoboost will be the only motor available in the 2016 or may have been the 2017 raptor. but it being a ford I'd rather buy a toyota.. :roflsquared:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What, no Ramboxes?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
RAM missed the mark big time with the rebel... especially with how it was marketed... but then again maybe they are targeting the wannabe look like a offroader crowd with this truck...

I agree it should have a 6.4L beast and a functional suspension above a stock or "offroad" package ram. If they would actually produce the RAM-Runner in this format I believe they would outsell the raptor, especially with the Rumor I read that the Ecoboost will be the only motor available in the 2016 or may have been the 2017 raptor. but it being a ford I'd rather buy a toyota.. :roflsquared:

What you are looking for is a power wagon :)

This is just to compete with FX4 and Z71 packages and to get people talking.
I crossed one on tbe road the other day its not so bad in real life lol. Like the new f150s are slightly less ugly in person.

kdropin

Reaction score
What t-case is in it though?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What you are looking for is a power wagon :)

This is just to compete with FX4 and Z71 packages and to get people talking.

I crossed one on tbe road the other day its not so bad in real life lol. Like the new f150s are slightly less ugly in person.

The outdoorsman competes with those. The rebel is something entirely different, easiest to compare to the raptor, which imo it doesn't even compete with the raptor. If they want to make an offroad looking truck then at least make it more capable of offroad, rather than just slapping bigger tires on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
A 6.4 mated to the 8 speed trans is something a lot of people would like to see, in any configuration. But in the 1500 it would make a great "Scat Pack" option.

Still not sold on the Rebel's looks.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A 6.4 mated to the 8 speed trans is something a lot of people would like to see, in any configuration. But in the 1500 it would make a great "Scat Pack" option.

Agreed it ugly... kinda like a pretty woman with too much make-up on...

I wish they would make a scat pack RCSB or any performance RCSB or the SRT-10 type option again.... There is alot of HEMI options above the "base model" for a special edition that would sell just like the SRT-8's and Hellcats

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Ditto! :favorites13:

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

I wish they would make a scat pack RCSB or any performance RCSB or the SRT-10 type option again.... There is alot of HEMI options above the "base model" for a special edition that would sell just like the SRT-8's and Hellcats

Imagine the noise it would have generated at SEMA had they done a 6.4 anything in the 1/2 ton.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read that the Ecoboost will be the only motor available in the 2016 or may have been the 2017 raptor.:

I also heard something about an ecoboost in the 2017 Raptor,,, except this particular one had 8 cylinders,,,, (I reckon the Coyote would howl real nice with double puffers,,,:))

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

IMHO, we are too close to the arrival of the 5th Gens to do anything SERIOUS at this time,,,

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also heard something about an ecoboost in the 2017 Raptor,,, except this particular one had 8 cylinders,,,, (I reckon the Coyote would howl real nice with double puffers,,,:))

That might make be actually buy a Ford.... but if they tune it like the coyotes they put in the f150 now it will suck.... My buddy bough one and the transmission, axle combo with the HP rating isn't very impressive.. He went from a 2014 track pack mustang to a 2014 f150 thinking they would have the same power feel... the 150 is a slug.

IMHO, we are too close to the arrival of the 5th Gens to do anything SERIOUS at this time,,,

Maybe, but still would be slick if they produced it in 4th gen or 5th gen... either way it would sell I bet. Instead they make a rebel which was marketed or reports influenced by the car world to compete with the raptor... and instead its a appearance package.

Last edited:

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll check it out tomorrow.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Yep, the new Raptor will be EcoBoost only. But will be the 2nd gen engine which is supposed to have a serious boost in HP/torque. But still, I'm betting it will still sound like you turned your man card in.

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Yep, the new Raptor will be EcoBoost only. But will be the 2nd gen engine which is supposed to have a serious boost in HP/torque. But still, I'm betting it will still sound like you turned your man card in.

Lol, the ecodiesel I have makes me feel inadequate next to a big diesel truck.