Recall for the puddle/turn signal lights in mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wondering if there is a recall for the turn signals/puddle lights in the heated/power mirrors. My truck is a 2009 out of warranty but the drivers side completely stopped working and you can see water and corrosion inside the clear lens. Passenger side still works but again water is pooling inside. Both mirrors have no signs of damage from anything striking them.:birgits_tiredcoffee

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. :) I'm not sure of an answer on that, but our 4th genners will chime in soon to help you out.

JCWFLHX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There isn't a recall that im aware of. But if I remembor right there is a TSB for a computer reflash that is supposed to help out with them staying on sometimes.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
news to me?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF....I have had no issues with mine

JCWFLHX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found this on on another forum. The guy who posted it is a Dodge technician and usually will post all the recalls and TSB's that come out for our trucks. I know this dosn't help the OP out with his issue though. Sounds like he will need new lights or mirrors.

There is a flash update for the '10-11 Ram trucks with puddle lamps that stay on longer than they should. The flash will be performed free of charge as long as the truck is still covered under the basic warranty. Reference TSB 08-003-11 REV-A.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys sorry I probably should have introduced myself first! I just bought my truck about a month ago. Its a fully loaded SLT (power everything, nav, rear power window, turn signals in mirrors, etc) that I am converting to a sport.

I just converted my single to the factory dual setup and also have the front sport bumper cover with the fogs just saving some money to get it painted.

So far I have installed:
- Dual exhaust rear bumper
- MBRP dual exhaust system (sounds awesome)
- LED interior cabin lights (100x brighter than factor)
- LED licence plate bulbs (brighter & whiter than factory)

I have these but are not yet installed
- Sport front bumper cover (one piece plastic)
- oem fog lights

In shipping
- OEM black housing sport headlights
- HID bulbs for headlights and fogs

I'll post pictures of my progress so far :)

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Go to dodge.com or ramtrucks.com and click on for owners and sign up. When you put in VIN and save as yours you will then be able to outstanding recalls and service history. It rocks I have 09 and there is no light recall on mine as of yet. There was recall for leather seat, outer tie rod, exhaust bolts, and climate control software.

$miley

Jeffrey Walters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 and the covers fell off both signal lights with no damage to the mirror assembly. You can't buy the covers so I'm looking at almost $200 to replace signal lights. I have contacted Ram, but they have basically brushed me off.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 and the covers fell off both signal lights with no damage to the mirror assembly. You can't buy the covers so I'm looking at almost $200 to replace signal lights. I have contacted Ram, but they have basically brushed me off.
Can’t say I’m surprised....your 10 year old truck had something break and you expect Ram to fix it for free? Now if there was an actual recall that is a different story but I don’t think there was.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wouldn't expect any mfg to be held responsible for a 10 year old vehicle, unless you have an extended warranty.