Remote start and funky error light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I ordered the OEM Mopar remote start from allpar here on the forums last week. Finally got the remote start in the mail yesterday. Wanted to let you know what dealers priced for install in AZ.

Tempe Dodge... $225

Earnhardt Dodge... $280

Chapman Scottsdale... $380

Bill Luke... $749

Holy hell, I asked the guys at Bill Luke why they were so much more expensive? They simply responded that they had to remove the rear seat and headliner etc...

I have the instructions from allpar printed out. No big deal really. $750?? That's insane.

Mechanically I can do whatever I need to myself. Should I just install the remote start and have them program my new fobs? Or should I let them do it so they will cover it under my warranty?

Earnhardt offered a price match with Tempe. So I'm going there Thursday morning for the install. But I can easily back out of the appointment if I need to.

Completely unrelated, yesterday after starting the the truck I got an error message that said,
"Fuel level sensor malfunction."
Or something similar.

I powered the truck off and restarted it and the error went away. Should I have them look into that while I have the remote start installed?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Find out how much Tempe dodge charges to program the fobs, then decide if it's worth it to do the install yourself. If your truck is under warranty, then let them pull the code and fix. Just my 2 cents.

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are those prices for install and fobs programed?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you laugh them off the phone? What a joke lol.

I absolutely did. That's insane.

Tempe Dodge wants $100 to program the fobs.

Earnhardt offered $55 for the program.

I think I'm going to just install it myself and take it to Earnhardt.

From what I read I can do everything except the bcm and it will still start with my keys?

Weird thing is I haven't gotten that error light again. So I'm not sure if they will even be able to see anything?

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are those prices for install and fobs programed?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah the original numbers in my post were install and programming the two new fobs