Remove Tune First?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Taking the truck to the dealer for a free oil change and tire rotation is it necessary for me to remove my tun first? I probably should it's just a lengthy pain to remove and add again. I know, I'm lazy. Hahaha

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you tell them its tuned and not to flash it, they won't. (My experience anyhow) If you're still within warranty and don't care to broadcast the fact that your truck is tuned...then I would put it back to stock.
They also sell OBDII port covers that say "DO NOT FLASH" without permission or something like that.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For warranty issues, it won't matter in the long run, if you remove it or not. The truck's computer will still let them know it has been changed. Now, just taking it in for an oil change, they "shouldn't" mess with the computer or need to flash it, unless there is an update.

You can always tell them not to flash it when you drop it off.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If they even look like they are going to stick anything in the OBD port tell them NOT TO!!! Some dealers will automatically do updates when your truck is in for service--if they do and you have not removed the tune you're going to be SOL.
Jay

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for all the info. I was under the impression the Diablosport DCX didn't leave a footprint? I'm going to remove the tune just to be safe.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If you tell them its tuned and not to flash it, they won't. (My experience anyhow) If you're still within warranty and don't care to broadcast the fact that your truck is tuned...then I would put it back to stock.
They also sell OBDII port covers that say "DO NOT FLASH" without permission or something like that.

Yeah so I have one and I told them not to flash it and they did anyways. :roflsquared:

I had to start from scratch to retune it, PITA...

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would've been ticked

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the info. I was under the impression the Diablosport DCX didn't leave a footprint? I'm going to remove the tune just to be safe.

It’s always safer to remove the tune, just say’n!

It doesn't leave a footprint but the dealer can see how many times the PCM has been “flashed” so if it’s been flashed more times than what it should have been based on the number of factory updates or flashes that’s how they’ll “know”

Last edited:

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You mean that’s how they assume-