round two

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I remember when I first joined I started a thread that went like this "when you fill up how many miles to empty showed up re highest number you have seen" At that time I had a 14 Sport rcsb Hemi 4x4 with 3:21's and the odo was @ no more than 5000 miles. The highest number I saw with that truck was just over 600 miles to empty which kind of impressed me. On the last trip I put 2100 miles on the new R/T which had 1800 miles on the clock at the start of the trip. After approximately 3 fill ups I saw a very nice number which was "713 Miles" and after several miles on the highway it climbed to 733 were it sat for awhile before counting down. Upon my arriving at my destination (mile 2104) my mileage was 25.8 (eels like my evic reads low) which as mentioned for an R/T with 3:92"s is not to shabby. Modern tech, is it not a wonderful thing.:favorites13:

Mike mcg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know how all you guys are getting this kind of mileage. Before I put my lvl kit and 34's on I was getting maybe 20 on a level highway. Now I'm lucky if I get 17 on the same highway but I wouldn't have bought a hemi and lifted it if I was worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I always laugh at these treads. Everyone has to over inflate what they get. I do alot of highway mixed with stop and go and I may get 16 on a good day.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Idk why I keep adding to these threads but I get 12.674284 mpg...

On a good day...down hill...at 72degrees.

But really it's about 12.674284.

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 4.7L with a CAI and a dual muffler/catback exhaust with dual 3" outlets/tips. It won't keep up with your Hemi's , but I consistently get 21-22mpg, in town- Chris

Sent from my 9020A using Tapatalk

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
Some people are just mathematically challenged and therefore start threads like this. Sort of like a **** measuring contest. Someone always ends up laughing while the other is left crying.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Some people are just mathematically challenged and therefore start threads like this. Sort of like a **** measuring contest. Someone always ends up laughing while the other is left crying.

25.8X26 = 670.8 miles to a tank. As to your weird second point, I have never been with a group of dudes that have their members hanging out while waiting for a tape measure. I am assuming you know something regarding this subject matter, if wrong how is this contest performed.:love51:

I guess I am the one laughing whilst you are the one left crying?

With your reply I am going to assume you have HEMI envy as some will get very close to the same mileage as your little oil burner. Oh and the last two points I will throw out, the Hemi pulls more and gets up and going today:happy107:

Oh guys I am looking for the little number on the left side lower of the gauge cluster right after you fill up Cheers to the non *****, the ***** well they can !!!!!!

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
4x2 stock,and that's an improvement.

Attachments

• 20160610_205113.jpg
    20160610_205113.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 71

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
Let's just say you would be the first Hemi with 3.92 gears that has ever reported close to those numbers. Hemi envy?!? Quite the opposite douche sniffer. I traded my 2012 Hemi in on my 4WD "oil burner" and consistently enjoy 27 and 28 mpg. Here's a test for you. Hook up a 7500 pound camper to your little 2WD R/T and average 14.7 mpg over the course of 1100 miles. My 2012 had 3.92 gears and couldn't even hit 10 mpg pulling that kind of weight. Hemi envy...... have your boyfriend call me and explain that one.

P.S. - Your listed location led me to believe you were into the **** measuring thing. You must be the catcher, not the pitcher.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't know how all you guys are getting this kind of mileage. Before I put my lvl kit and 34's on I was getting maybe 20 on a level highway. Now I'm lucky if I get 17 on the same highway but I wouldn't have bought a hemi and lifted it if I was worried about it.

so on fill up at 20 mpg's and a 26 gallon tank you are seeing 520 miles. Keep in mind I am a lowered 2wd'er so that helps me out immensely. I am not worried about mileage or the GT500/SRT8 Challenger would not have been purchased as they get no more miles out of a gallon than the HEMI.:favorites13: The thread is just something to talk about on a cool rainy night, nothing more and certainly not a scientific type posting.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Let's just say you would be the first Hemi with 3.92 gears that has ever reported close to those numbers. Hemi envy?!? Quite the opposite douche sniffer. I traded my 2012 Hemi in on my 4WD "oil burner" and consistently enjoy 27 and 28 mpg. Here's a test for you. Hook up a 7500 pound camper to your little 2WD R/T and average 14.7 mpg over the course of 1100 miles. My 2012 had 3.92 gears and couldn't even hit 10 mpg pulling that kind of weight. Hemi envy...... have your boyfriend call me and explain that one.

P.S. - Your listed location led me to believe you were into the **** measuring thing. You must be the catcher, not the pitcher.
I am betting there are not many people that will drive at 57 mph all day but being I retired young lets just say I am never ever in a hurry. Its kind of nice driving in the middle of no where at a nice relaxing speed which allows me to enjoy the scenery.

again all this talk about ***** while I want to talk about miles until empty, hmmmmmmm.

Lastly why would I want to hook up anything to my R/T especially since it is lowered, out of the factory it is rated for 5000 lbs max. Hmmmmmmmm.

Now then if you want to talk towing I would rather haul out the Black 2014 cc long box 6.7 that handles 4x what your lil guy handles.

Can you kindly quit with all the **** sniffing boyfriend bashing nonsense as it has nothing to do with "miles until empty thread.

My wife will be back on Sunday (she drives three hours every third weekend to look after her older sister who had a stroke) right around supper so I will see if she can respond to your mileage situation. Not sure she will as she has more important things on her mind than dealing with this childish situation.:happy107:

Last edited:

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
25.8X26 = 670.8 miles to a tank. As to your weird second point, I have never been with a group of dudes that have their members hanging out while waiting for a tape measure. I am assuming you know something regarding this subject matter, if wrong how is this contest performed.:love51:

I guess I am the one laughing whilst you are the one left crying?

With your reply I am going to assume you have HEMI envy as some will get very close to the same mileage as your little oil burner. Oh and the last two points I will throw out, the Hemi pulls more and gets up and going today:happy107:

Oh guys I am looking for the little number on the left side lower of the gauge cluster right after you fill up Cheers to the non *****, the ***** well they can !!!!!!

To make this easier on you I highlighted your own words in red. If you are now saying you can only pull 5000 pounds your original statement cannot be correct.

As for the **** thing, I am pretty sure you were the only person on this forum that took that literally. But I see what you're focused on.

I'm sorry that your little R/T can't pull like a real truck. Must **** you off having to pay for it AND a Cummins.

And lastly, WTF is your obsession with sheep?

Mike mcg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I agree with you. And I have the larger gas tank with 3.92 diff so that hurts.

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I filled up the other day and it read 532 miles to empty. Mind u , I have the 32 gallon tank which averages to 16 miles per gallon, while the computer says I'm averaging 15.3 miles per gallon.

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just drove 12 hours. Through mountains in Kentucky Tennessee North Carolina into the South Carolina low country. 2 adults, 2 children truck loaded down with coolers and all the stuff that go along. Lol. Crew cab 4x4 on stock 20's with 3.55s

Have an 89 eco tune from JG loaded, speed was 75-85 mph unless going through work zones.

20-21 mpg is what I'm averaging. If I went 70 and easy it would be better for sure.

Normal 93 octane tune I run is 18 mpg at its best.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
last three replies are excellent, thats what I am talking about lol. I wonder if any members drive the back roads and do not exceed 60 mph because I can tell you one thing your mileage will be almost in the mid 20's. I guess the cc guys have a wee bit more weight to haul so I would guess 22-23 mpg @ 57-60 mph. Again i can't wait to hit the Montana back roads in 2 weeks, it is going to be a blast. I love small town America, nothing and I mean nothing beats the small towns for picture taking. Looking at the road map (yeah I know old tech) for Montana we will pass through at least 30+ towns in the week of travel. I find the people in the real small towns to be extra friendly with strangers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr