rust warranty? 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Well picked it up last Friday. Looks great. Has slightly more orange peel than the rest of the truck but if you didn't know it was repainted you probably wouldn't notice. if it bothered me bad enough i would wet sand with 2000 grit but it is close enough that i don't think anyone else would notice but i am a perfectionist...lol. the invoice was just over $1800 but obviously i didn't have to pay. it looks original as far as fit, gaps, etc.

on another note, my step-father just traded his 2014 big horn for a 2017 laramie long horn. dark green with gold two tone. just got it today and it was dark when i saw it but looks good

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
My apologies SYKRAMMAN. I haven't checked this thread in a while.
The module plugs into your OBDii port and creates a very low voltage current that effectively creates an anode.

Here's a link to the DiamondKote page

https://www.diamondkote.com/auto/appearance-protection-products/rust-and-corrosion-protection/

I don't deny that I'm a little skeptical about the whole thing for automotive use. However the fact is that electrical current is commonly used to prevent corrosion in industrial settings.
For example, anode beds are used to protect pipelines from corrosion.

The idea itself is based on science. Whether or not this form of it works as advertised I cannot say.

That said, as I stated earlier, the real value in this product is in the warranty that comes with it. In the case of my Wife's vehicle we have a lifetime warranty. We are covered for surface rust (no perforation is necessary to claim) and we are not required to have a yearly inspection done.
Please note that the warranty sometimes differ between installers, as it depends on the agreements they have with Diamond Kote.
My advice is to always shop around.

Thnx for the info but I think my d is way too far gone for any kind of coating.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Well picked it up last Friday. Looks great. Has slightly more orange peel than the rest of the truck but if you didn't know it was repainted you probably wouldn't notice. if it bothered me bad enough i would wet sand with 2000 grit but it is close enough that i don't think anyone else would notice but i am a perfectionist...lol. the invoice was just over $1800 but obviously i didn't have to pay. it looks original as far as fit, gaps, etc.

on another note, my step-father just traded his 2014 big horn for a 2017 laramie long horn. dark green with gold two tone. just got it today and it was dark when i saw it but looks good

I'm glad things worked out man, it's very difficult dealing with stealerships, I would've lost it if my almost brand new d did that.

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not sure anyone will see this on this old thread, I'm new to this forum, looking for advice on how to address rust bubbles just above rear wheels on BOTH sides! Unfortunately it didn't appear within the 5 years to be under warranty. (2011 Sport) I'm leaning toward the OEM fender flares, painted to match the truck (deep green), to give it a Laramie kinda look. But how / can I keep rust from getting worse under the fender flares? And does $1500 sound like a good price from a body shop to do this, including replacing the rear bumper? (Which is rusting around the backup sensors)

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are they replacing the bedsides or just patching where the rust is? $1500 for replacing the bedsides is a steal...

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No, just installing fender flares, painting them to match truck, and replacing, painting rear bumper. Price includes fender flares.