Scam alert!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
cancelled pending further review

UPDATE- After many hours on the phone as well as the internet it seems this company is legit. After my initial call to Chrysler, when they told me no dealer exists, I phoned back and they verified the dealer is indeed a certified Chrysler dealer and were very apologetic for the previous miss-information . The dealer had called previous and spoke with Chrysler management about this and straightened everything out. Just a heads up.

Last edited:

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So is the link you put in your post the scam one or the reputable one? I've actually filled out the info 3 times today and deleted it as I'm having a hard time committing to the price for a warranty. If it's a scam I'm glad I haven't completed it yet.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm pretty sure these guys are legit. They were one of the places I shopped before purchasing mine a couple years ago. There are tons of people reporting buying from them.

Maybe they only scam people that constantly bash Rams on internet forums :roflsquared::roflsquared:

djarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, I would contact the credit card company. They may help you go after the scammers and get your money back. I couldn't let it go, I hope you get refunded.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No problem, contact you credit card company and tell them to cancel the charge. Happens all the time, you won't be charged and the credit card company may go after the seller.

By the way Zellers, for one, sells legitimate FCA warranties for much less than the site you are advertising. I shopped the site you referenced a couple months ago and found several better deals.

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I contacted this website and purchased the Chrysler extended warranty. The price was too good to be true- and it was! After the purchase I contacted my local Dodge dealer who could find no info on this dealer. Then I called the phone number and 'Rodney' answered. I requested a credit back to my card and he said no problem with the cancellation but Chrysler would have to issue a check in a few days. I then contacted the dealer, CR motors of Hudson, MI. There was no answer to my call. I called Chrysler customer service and they said there was no dealer by this name in Hudson, MI. WOW!
Hope this keeps others from getting scammed. If you want an extended warranty call Chrysler customer service direct. Their prices are thousands less than the dealer and they a reputable.

Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep extended maintenance plans

I just purchased my 4th vehicle with getting a heavily discounted extended warranty. It is a legitimate Chrysler Max Care warranty. I do not trust the aftermarket warranties.
Just google Chrysler Max Car and you will find multiple dealers across the country selling the exact same Chrysler warranty. It is not a aftermarket but actually through Chrysler. The first time I bought one I dealt directly with the site that I found online and my truck was covered from my local Ram dealer as well as every Dodge dealership across the country. The next Ram I bought the finance guy wanted over $2,000 for a MAX Care 5 year/ 75,000 mile plan. I told him about me going online and he told me to get him the best price and he would match it. It was about $700.00 cheaper. I did the same thing for my wife's Chevy through GM and the finance guy is not happy because it is a huge marked up item that they sell but it was either get a small piece of the pie or none. I just did it last week with my new truck. I paid $1405 for a Max Care 6 year / 85,000 mile.
I am not trying to sell anything but I found the cheapest rate through Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep extended maintenance plans. There may be others that are cheaper and as long as they are selling the factory warranty then go for it.

FOLLOWUP -Since posting this there are some questions concerning the reputability of this dealer. My repeated unanswered phone calls to the dealership might be due to them being closed. The question to me is why is there a blanket answering machine with no identifying business name or hours of operation. If you call the 800 number you will hear a generic recording and if you let it ring it will go to a fast busy signal. My first call to Chrysler customer service verified that there is no dealership by that name. Chrysler max care representative also verified that I had not purchased any extended warranty through any dealer recently. 10 minutes ago I called customer service again and they did verify the dealership. I will know more Monday when my credit card company can see if the charge has been moved from pending to transactions. My only intent was to let others know about this so they wouldn't be ripped off.

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm pretty sure these guys are legit. They were one of the places I shopped before purchasing mine a couple years ago. There are tons of people reporting buying from them.

Maybe they only scam people that constantly bash Rams on internet forums :roflsquared::roflsquared:

Who's bashing Rams?

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Prices on that website seem on par with other legit places.

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So is the link you put in your post the scam one or the reputable one? I've actually filled out the info 3 times today and deleted it as I'm having a hard time committing to the price for a warranty. If it's a scam I'm glad I haven't completed it yet.

I am changing that pending further review. It sure smells bad but will know more next week.

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What site are we saying is a scam? Just purchased a warranty last night

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Who's bashing Rams?

Maybe "bash" is too strong of a word but you don't seem to be the happiest Ram owner around here.

I agree with you. They have been building these trucks for quite awhile now and they should be perfected. We aren't talking about a loose screw here and there, not a minor miss-fitted body part. A major component failure and the fact they couldn't repair it properly is what drives people away from any brand. Many on this site make excuses for ******** like this but in the end there in NO excuse for the lack of quality control and **** poor engineering. Many will also tell us that this is common across all brand lines. That may be but it is still no excuse.

Sincerely;
8 recalls and counting

Pedro- My Mexican made Fiat.

Cant say as I blame him for going to the Ford heavy duty. My 2014 2500 Ram is a big disappointment.

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Maybe "bash" is too strong of a word but you don't seem to be the happiest Ram owner around here.

My only problems with my ram is the 8 recalls and now the bad info over the max care warranty. Otherwise the truck is great. Oh wait a minute........

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My only problems with my ram is the 8 recalls and now the bad info over the max care warranty. Otherwise the truck is great. Oh wait a minute........
What bad info with the max care warranty? Or did you purchase a warranty that doesn't exist?

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
What bad info with the max care warranty? Or did you purchase a warranty that doesn't exist?

Tried to purchase a max care extended warranty online. Dealer seemed legit so I called Chrysler customer care to check to make sure it was a certified Chrysler dealer.(cant be too careful when dealing on the internet) They told me it was not, no dealer by that name existed and no dealers in the Hudson, MI area. This set off a chain of events concerning the sale. After hours of phone calls I called customer service back and they did verify the dealership and apologized for the bad information.

Otis 32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I purchased a Lifetime Added Care Plus Mopar extended warranty when I bought my 2500 CC 4x4 2 months ago. Paid $1800 for the warranty at the dealership