Schaeffer gear oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good day
I'm getting close to doing a front and rear axle gear oil change.
I was informed that Schaeffer gear was a good one to use.
Just wondering if anyone has hear of this oil and would you recommend this gear oil.
It's going into my 2014 Ram 1500 sport.

Thanks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Shaeffers is a very popular oil because of the moly in it and because one of their own is responsible for the greatest oil site on the internet. It is good quality. You can read some of my lasts posts on the matter, this was just covered in performance section.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, Great stuff. I swear by it and have been using it for years in everything from Ag tractors, to race cars even down to my lawn mower. Everyone has they "its the best product" but Schaeffers oil is some of the best on the market and cannot go wrong with any of their products

Just make sure you get the one that has the additives for LSD or get some additive from them that mixes with the viscosity you choose.

OP
OP
F

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I use a Mopar additive? Or do I need one from Schaeffer?
Thx

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I use a Mopar additive? Or do I need one from Schaeffer?
Thx

I'd check with your oil supplier but most likely yes... Some come with additives in them already and are designed for LSD differential... I don't remember of the top of my head the one we ran in most of the pick-up on the farm but is had it in but was about $250 for a 5 gallon bucket....

OP
OP
F

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Schaeffer oil says 267. I don't think it has an additive in it for LSD in it.