School me on Rams--shopping.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17crewram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a '17 bug horn with 3.92 with a hemi. The 8 speed pulls the camper much better than my '08 did. A few extra ponies and lbs of torgue sure helps.

Spend the money to get what you want. If you are going to tow, get factory tow mirrors. My only regret for my new '17.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

strengthrehab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a '17 bug horn with 3.92 with a hemi. The 8 speed pulls the camper much better than my '08 did. A few extra ponies and lbs of torgue sure helps.

Spend the money to get what you want. If you are going to tow, get factory tow mirrors. My only regret for my new '17.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
I'm looking strictly used unless I can get a 17 uber cheap. I will rarely be towing.
Look into the 3.55 axle
The 13 I may look at Saturday was the 3.55 , but with 6-speed auto.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My 11 sport had the 5 speed with 3:55 gear ration. Was just fine.

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
13s came with the 8 speed unless you get the base model, I believe. A rotary dial will be an indicator you have an 8 spd. The 8 speed is exponentially better than the 6 spd, so I would definitely get an 8 spd. 13 1/2 got platinum plugs good for 100k miles, another reason to get a 13.5-up (14+, to be safe). It may be cheaper for you to buy a truck from Dennis Dillon and either drive it back or ship it to you, even considering the distance. 15-up have CANBUS electrical systems which can be trickier for aftermarket lighting versus pre-15 trucks.

OP
OP
S

strengthrehab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
S

strengthrehab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few? Lol.

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Figure out exactly what you want, and be firm when dealing. Don't take no for an answer, this means not being scared to walk out the door to the next dealer the first time they meet you with resistance. Ive done this with every truck I've ever purchased, key is to spend a lot of time doing all your research at home first so you know exactly what you're in for when you show up on the lot.

A lot of my local dealers have the factory sticker windows for all of there trucks available on there website. That can really help to show you exactly what you're looking for. I'm not sure how it is in the US, but up here in CA Ram frequently has massive discounts on all models, with the largest ones being in spring and fall.

If you can follow the first advice i gave along with there seasonal discounts, you can save big. I bought my 17 sport new from a very large volume Ram dealer here in western Canada. They get massive discounts from Ram due to there sales volume, they had a great sale on to begin with, and I was pretty stiff with my negotiations. I ended up getting my Ram at 28.9% off the MSRP, delivered to door. It is worth mentioning though i spent 6-8 months researching shopping and dealing before I came to that number...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That truck is in Austin--far from flooding.

It may not of flooded in austin, but for all you know that truck could of came from a different state entirely. I was just saying what my concerns would be with a used truck marked at realistical retail value of what it cost New.

OP
OP
S

strengthrehab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It may not of flooded in austin, but for all you know that truck could of came from a different state entirely. I was just saying what my concerns would be with a used truck marked at realistical retail value of what it cost New.
True

OP
OP
S

strengthrehab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about it. You are probably right as I can get t he same truck but without power windows/locks and a 2017 for 23k right now. Maybe 22k if I pushed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334