Serv 4wd light cameon briefly and random chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not sure if this is the correct section or not.

within the last 2 weeks while going down the interstate once and while leaving the driveway, my truck dinged at me with no illumination in the dash. then the serv4wd light came on briefly and went off over the course of 2 miles. (while on interstate). the second time, this light came on and stayed on. I turned truck off and then back on and it went away.

any idea as to what this indicates? after I reset the truck, the 4wd engaged properly into auto and lock. it has not done it since last friday. I checked with my obd2 scanner and there are no stored codes. I read somwhere it could be a wheel speed sensor. I did replace both front bearings over the past year. both came with new sensors installed in them. One was a MOOG bearing, the other was Precision (oreilley)

any ideas here on this? kind of annoying to have it ding at me and I cannot see any issues expect that light that came on intermittently. it sort of blinked.

Truck is a 2009 Ram Laramie crew cab with hemi with 132.000 miles

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the connection under truck.

Mine does this too but only when I go thru big puddles of water. It's weird.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The ones on xfer case and front diff?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RMinAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I had that same, odd, occasional problem that wasn't really a problem with my 2014 1500 Big Horn. No real issue, just the service light once in a blue moon

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted this same issue on here 4 months ago and no responses.

Maybe it's just one of those lil gremlins that pop up everynow n then. Idk.