Service 4wd light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybird9mm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 ram 2500 6.7 and I went through a car wash and now I have a Service 4wd light on my dash. It will not switch into 4wd but the cruise control still works if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

Racer_X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Underneath the truck on your transfer case, unplug the harness connector. Spray wd40 into the plug to dry it out and reconnect it. Might have to disconnect battery to reset computer to clear the code. Hope it didn't kill your transfer case motor. Just changed the same item on my Durango for exact same issue, bad transfer case motor.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It's rarely a failure of the transfer case, but that sensor is a known issue on Ram. Most of the time it just fixes itself or goes intermittent. How long has the light been on?

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had that light before. My front transaxle was seized up

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's rarely a failure of the transfer case, but that sensor is a known issue on Ram. Most of the time it just fixes itself or goes intermittent. How long has the light been on?

This.

Mine comes on intermittently due to water getting on the connector.

All is good.

OP
OP
J

Jaybird9mm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I washed my truck on Sunday and it is still in fault today. I pulled the transfer case plug and sprayed wd-40 on it and dried it back off. The fault was still there so I disconnected the batteries and that didn't clear it either. ???

OP
OP
J

Jaybird9mm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I drove to work this morning and I still have the service 4wd light on. Can I troubleshoot the transfer case plug? What voltage should it be and on what pin number? Any help please.