This should be covered under warranty right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No.. This would be fraud. The OP has already been given an answer from the warranting dealer. The correct way would be to elevate to the next level of RAM management if unsatisfied with the answer. Changing to HIDs is not the equivalent of switching out the halogen bulbs as far as the warranty is concerned.
So i quess i commited another obe this week when i took my truck to my dealer for the sunroof rubbing, they claim to of adjusted it and it still made the noise so i took it to another dealer sameday and requested a brand new sunroof, they complied and installed a brand new one the very next morning. I know my dealer so well that i just both front door glasses and weather stripping replaced under warranty for scratches, they gave me the parts i did the work in my driveway and they paid there favorite mechanic the labour

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Because my truck came with black outs that were discontinued and replaced under warranty with different housings with my permission. I complained to service manager, he called district rep and told them are going to go in the garbage anyways so just give back to him.

My bad should say without my permission

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So i quess i commited another obe this week when i took my truck to my dealer for the sunroof rubbing, they claim to of adjusted it and it still made the noise so i took it to another dealer sameday and requested a brand new sunroof, they complied and installed a brand new one the very next morning. I know my dealer so well that i just both front door glasses and weather stripping replaced under warranty for scratches, they gave me the parts i did the work in my driveway and they paid there favorite mechanic the labour

Uhm, no. I gotta call bulls*t on the warranty work paid the mechanic and performed by you.

Also, the sunroof would be a completely separate type of issue from the HID's. Nothing was initially replaced/modified on/in the sunroof. Apples, oranges. Also, the initial dealer you took your truck to for the sunroof is the same dealer you "know so well" that they trust you to personally do your own warranty work. Your story goes both ways from the middle. Again, bullish*t.

Last edited:

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When my kids make up stories, I put them in timeout. If they tell too many stories in a row, I take away their favorite toy for a week.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Uhm, no. I gotta call bulls*t on the warranty work paid the mechanic and performed by you.

Also, the sunroof would be a completely separate type of issue from the HID's. Nothing was initially replaced/modified on/in the sunroof. Apples, oranges. Also, the initial dealer you took your truck to for the sunroof is the same dealer you "know so well" that they trust you to personally do your own warranty work. Your story goes both ways from the middle. Again, bullish*t.
Say what you may say, i have done all my own warranty work with the same dealer for along time and just finished my windows on wednesday afternoon, quite frankly i am not interested in your opinion either. This dealer knows me very well which is the reason why i buy a new truck every 2-3 years. **** even the dealer owner dobt give a crap that i do my own warranty work.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When my kids make up stories, I put them in timeout. If they tell too many stories in a row, I take away their favorite toy for a week.
I can agree if it was a story.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Say what you may say, i have done all my own warranty work with the same dealer for along time and just finished my windows on wednesday afternoon, quite frankly i am not interested in your opinion either. This dealer knows me very well which is the reason why i buy a new truck every 2-3 years. **** even the dealer owner dobt give a crap that i do my own warranty work.

I will take it on face value what you say is true, but you then are the super duper special exception for 99.99% of everybody else has to have the dealer mechanic touch the vehicle for any warranty work.

I remember one time on my old ram and having the parking brake foot set lever having the rubber foot pad split on me while under the bumper to bumper warranty. 5 second job to remove and replace but I still had wait close to an hour in the service department to have the tech replace it. I argued until blue in the face to just give me the new part and be on my way, no dice. So I find it interesting your dealer as you claim, just lets you play warranty tech for problems great and small.

Last edited:

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This is interesting. What's dealer is this?

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a thought, but if I'm your local dealer and I let you do this I'd be a bit pissed off that you told everyone on this forum.

ohengineering

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a thought, but if I'm your local dealer and I let you do this I'd be a bit pissed off that you told everyone on this forum.
Lol yeah, that's a huge violation of their dealer agreement, and it's fraud.

If I heard of one of my dealers doing this, I'd be so far up their ass I'd be talking out their mouth (and I have caught dealers doing this **** before).

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Things maybe be different in Canada but in the States that would be a major issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Things maybe be different in Canada but in the States that would be a major issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard its way different in the usa, im fairly sure if it was a really big deal in canada they would not just be handing me parts over the service counter while other customers are standing around listening also, if its a job i cannot do myself then i leave my vehicle with them. I even have rental coverage but refuse to drive a rental

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio