Snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Meh..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 85

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
None at my place but did have 2 barns collapse within a few miles of me. First one got all the livestock out, second one lost a few.

I don't mind it, I actually love the snow. It just gets to be a pain in the ass when the wind picks up and starts the drifting. That and I work 48 hrs shifts so the wife is stuck here with the daughter by themselves. If the driveway drifts in she's stuck till I can get home. The neighbor is pretty good about keeping an eye on them for me though. He cleared the end of the drive yesterday so she could get in after work, I had to clear the rest when I got home this morning.

The older I get the less i like it personally. It's all part of living in the part of the country i do though. I don't like how these big storms makes the roads more narrow, can't see at intersections, gets my vehicles all pigged up, etc. Just a pain in my butt and causes me extrs work, which isn't getting any easier, that's for sure.

Lord willing, my wife and i make it to retirement some day hopefully we can snowbird in Florida from after new years till the beginning of April. That would be wonderful.

Last edited:

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have literally gotten jack and sh*t for snow this season in Colorado. It's so dry here reminds me of AZ.

Yaaa.....no snow here.

I was in Colorado for one week during Christmas and it was snowing like crazy. That was enough for me to know I would hate living where it snows lol

Idk how you guys do it....year after year.

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yaaa.....no snow here.

I was in Colorado for one week during Christmas and it was snowing like crazy. That was enough for me to know I would hate living where it snows lol

Idk how you guys do it....year after year.

I lived south of Tucson for about 8 years, it's really been that dry here, been having a bunch of grass fires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Small craft advisory here in the Keys, so that storm must have just missed me...

BigTrout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck saw some snow for the first time this past week in WV

IMG_4251.jpg

Untitled111.jpg

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Man, ya just can't beat living in the desert--

I wore tank top/shorts yesterday(70deg) and today it's 30 deg, and snowing--but that'll change-

:crazy: JIMBO

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear ya jimbox im here in fallon at work and one second its raining another second its sunny and 30 mins. later its snowing sideways

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Yo Devin--how ya doing ??

I hear ya jimbox im here in fallon at work and one second its raining another second its sunny and 30 mins. later its snowing sideways

We were in Fallon yesterday--lunch at the Courtyard/met a guy at FOXPEAK to sell one of my CRAIGS items--then saw Beauty and the Beast, It was my wife's turn to pick the movie(we go every week/Tuesdays)-

Last week it was my turn--"LOGAN"---Shazam, whatta show-

Gotta admit though--Beauty and the Beast was pretty special too

CIAO

:crazy: JIMBO

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah me and the Mrs. saw beauty and the beast two nights ago but im excited for the belko experiment mainly because i work in an office enviorment lol. but F this sideways snow flurries that last 5 mins then all of a sudden there is sunshine i swear mother nature must be on that Shark Week

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
None at my place but did have 2 barns collapse within a few miles of me. First one got all the livestock out, second one lost a few.
The neighbor is pretty good about keeping an eye on them for me though. He cleared the end of the drive yesterday so she could get in after work, I had to clear the rest when I got home this morning.

Neighbors like this are worth their weight in gold. In these times when we are all so busy with our own lives, it's nice to see people helping people. Hat's off to them!!!!
Jay

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Neighbors like this are worth their weight in gold. In these times when we are all so busy with our own lives, it's nice to see people helping people. Hat's off to them!!!!
Jay

Agreed!
Just moved into a new rental in Fairbanks and my atv and plow are out of commission. New neighbor works for a plowing company and told me not to worry and has been plowing the entire driveway up to my carport and clearing the garage entry for the lady of the house. Even did the hard pack removal for us on Sunday when we went out skiing (removing the 8-10 inches of solid ice build up with a front end loader)

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The older I get the less i like it personally. It's all part of living in the part of the country i do though. I don't like how these big storms makes the roads more narrow, can't see at intersections, gets my vehicles all pigged up, etc. Just a pain in my butt and causes me extrs work, which isn't getting any easier, that's for sure.

Lord willing, my wife and i make it to retirement some day hopefully we can snowbird in Florida from after new years till the beginning of April. That would be wonderful.

I hear you on that. We've been lucky in southern Ontario for the past three years the winters have been really mild with little snow.

Come retirement, I've got the same notion as you.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
I hear you on that. We've been lucky in southern Ontario for the past three years the winters have been really mild with little snow.

Come retirement, I've got the same notion as you.
Here in central Ontario, we seem to get nailed with more snow than anywhere! Almost 12 feet of the white crap this year. Mostly lake effect stuff.

Retiring myself soon, and the wife and I will definitely be headed south in the heart of winter!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd kill for a winter that gave us a 20" fall.

Lucky if we see a mere 10 a year lately. It literally pains me keeping the sled in the garage more than I like.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
53ff299a9cbf055e6efd5dc5d018fa89.jpg

This was a couple weeks ago in ID.
I actually got a message in the EVIC that said something about cleaning off the front end right before getting off the interstate. I thought "damn these trucks are smart"...

Last edited:

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
53ff299a9cbf055e6efd5dc5d018fa89.jpg

This was a couple weeks ago in ID.
I actually got a message in the EVIC that said something about cleaning off the front end right before getting off the interstate. I thought "damn these trucks are smart"...

I was towing a trailer in a snow storm like that in February and the entire front grill got covered in snow and then an ice coating. The engine and transmission started heating up and when I pulled over at the top of the hill I found out why.