So there I was...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hauling 50 20ft 2x6s on the car trailer, guess I was a little light on tongue weight. Upon getting on the freeway, which I decided to take to avoid traffic in town, I accelerated up to about 60 and the tail started to wag. I thought we were gone because jamming on the trailer brakes did nothing, trying to accelerate out of it did nothing, last ditch resort was slow down. By this time the rear of the truck is being flung two feet each way, things are puckering on my body. When all of a sudden the truck did some magic, I heard and felt what I would describe as the abs system kick in, within 2 seconds we were tracking straight as an arrow. I don't know what the truck did but I thank my lucky stars it did it.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Glad to hear your ram took care of you.
That is a terrifying helpless feeling, been there, don't want to do it again.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Probably the Vehicle Stability Control which is part of the ABS/Traction Control. When the Tow/Haul mode is activated, there is also Trailer Saw Control, that may have been activated just by connecting a trailer with brakes.
Enabling the Tow/Haul does a lot more than hold gears longer