Some beautiful ******* finally made a Hellcat Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ram is a company. They didn't build this. An owner with lots of money built this.

Shelby is a company. They build things like this.

I know that obviously it's not in production.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How would they have been doing hellcat swaps for years when the hellcat was released in 2015?

they have been doing the regular v8 for many years, they did their first hellcat with it first was released.

SirMarco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That's so stupid. For 35k I'll hand you an engine that makes twice that.

Although very cool just to say you have a Hellcat motor in your RAM, I 100% agree with you on this one. For $30-$35K you can build a setup with over twice the HP that motor produces. Personally I'd be running turbos over a blower.

As for the stance of this, it need to get dropped so much.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Ram is a company. They didn't build this. An owner with lots of money built this.

Shelby is a company. They build things like this.
Actually this was built by a dealer here in Ontario, and they'll build you one for $92,000.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Someone post up a fb link.

Bottom of the OP.

I've been following this on Facebook. They kept a stock 8sp transmission and a stock rear axle, so I am curious to see how those hold up.

For those asking about price...you cannot buy a hellcat motor new from Dodge right now. The few used ones that I have seen have sold as complete running pallets with engine, transmission, computer, wiring harness, dash, steering wheel, etc, and they went for $30,000-$35,000 (parts only).

I'm interested as well... I know of a Hellcat Challenger making over 1,000 to the wheels on the stock 8HP90, so I think the 8HP70 might actually be up to the challenge. Hard to say, but I'll be interested to see as well.

I bet the new motor going into that blue 2011 is going to laugh at a motor that ONLY makes 707hp ;)

I agree that the hellcat engine itself is way overpriced, but some people just have too much money. Me personally, I'd throw some forged pistons in a 6.4L with a Whipple on top and call it a day. That's way more power than a Hellcat and you could do it for less than half the cost.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Bottom of the OP.

I'm interested as well... I know of a Hellcat Challenger making over 1,000 to the wheels on the stock 8HP90, so I think the 8HP70 might actually be up to the challenge. Hard to say, but I'll be interested to see as well.

I agree that the hellcat engine itself is way overpriced, but some people just have too much money. Me personally, I'd throw some forged pistons in a 6.4L with a Whipple on top and call it a day. That's way more power than a Hellcat and you could do it for less than half the cost.

Well the Hellcat name holds a lot now. Just the word. So people will pay $35k and one of their balls and a first born for the drive train just to have "a Hellcat". I agree though, on building up the 6.4. But there is also a part of me that just loves that motor for what it is. It's N/A and not as fast as a Hellcat or other blown motors. But it's already a hungry monster that pulls and pulls like a freight train right out of the box. And it embodies a classic muscle attitude that we just dont see on anything anymore (other than the Hellcat). The 392 cars command a lot of respect in todays world of supercharged and turbocharged everything.

Last edited:

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stock tires ... [emoji27]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have done zero research on this but are there any 392's that anyone here knows of putting down more power than the Hellcat stock?

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Stock tires ... [emoji27]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And from the looks of it in the pics the brakes are stock too. I suspect the build was more to say Look at us and to get $100k out of someone than really building a bad ass functional SRT Ram.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Last edited:
OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well the Hellcat name holds a lot now. Just the word. So people will pay $35k and one of their balls and a first born for the drive train just to have "a Hellcat". I agree though, on building up the 6.4. But there is also a part of me that just loves that motor for what it is. It's N/A and not as fast as a Hellcat or other blown motors. But it's already a hungry monster that pulls and pulls like a freight train right out of the box. And it embodies a classic muscle attitude that we just dont see on anything anymore (other than the Hellcat). The 392 cars command a lot of respect in todays world of supercharged and turbocharged everything.

I agree that there's something to a big displacement NA motor...

Which is why I own a 07 Z06 with 427 cubic inches of glorious pushrod power.

Racefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport
Engine
Few more pics of this truck and some more info here. http://srtlife.com/2016/07/pics-about-the-srt-hellcat-powered-ram-1500/

Personally, I like the stance it has but I'm not a lowered truck kinda guy. Maybe a lowered 2wd rcsb version AND a lifted 4wd CC would be nice, then those with fat enough wallets could choose what they'd like. Either way, it's nice to see someone finally stuff a Hellcat into a Ram.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been following this on Facebook. They kept a stock 8sp transmission and a stock rear axle, so I am curious to see how those hold up.

For those asking about price...you cannot buy a hellcat motor new from Dodge right now. The few used ones that I have seen have sold as complete running pallets with engine, transmission, computer, wiring harness, dash, steering wheel, etc, and they went for $30,000-$35,000 (parts only).

I want to know how they interfaced the Hellcat computer with the Ram's components.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have done zero research on this but are there any 392's that anyone here knows of putting down more power than the Hellcat stock?

Hellion Turbo makes turbo kits that are good for 1000hp all depends on what PSI you are running.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another thing to keep in mind between the 6.4 and the hellcat is I want to say the 6.4 is running our 8HP70 tranny. Granted we have had great success with it so far nobody here is pushing those numbers through it.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very true. but only way to get better parts for the trans is create the market. I just wish the market would catch up with us thought.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

I was thinking around that for the motor. The upper level LSx motors are'nt cheap either. So that makes sense.

Still a crazy about amount of money to throw at a RAM but some people can do that. lol

Actually this was built by a dealer here in Ontario, and they'll build you one for $92,000.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I wondering about that, because that pic looks to be at a dealership.
So hows that warranty thing work? hahaahah

Stock.. NO, but yes you go FI with 392 and can easily make more power but you can't go over 6-7 psi or it just a ticking time bomb. Even then it's still risky. Gotta get some forged piston/rods etc to run safely.

I want to know how they interfaced the Hellcat computer with the Ram's components.

I would think most the parts would be interchangeable. Just need programming.

Another thing to keep in mind between the 6.4 and the hellcat is I want to say the 6.4 is running our 8HP70 tranny. Granted we have had great success with it so far nobody here is pushing those numbers through it.

According to wiki the 8HP70 max power handing is 700. So that thing is on thin ice. lol