Some beautiful ******* finally made a Hellcat Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I was thinking around that for the motor. The upper level LSx motors are'nt cheap either. So that makes sense.

Still a crazy about amount of money to throw at a RAM but some people can do that. lol

I wondering about that, because that pic looks to be at a dealership.
So hows that warranty thing work? hahaahah

Stock.. NO, but yes you go FI with 392 and can easily make more power but you can't go over 6-7 psi or it just a ticking time bomb. Even then it's still risky. Gotta get some forged piston/rods etc to run safely.

I would think most the parts would be interchangeable. Just need programming.

According to wiki the 8HP70 max power handing is 700. So that thing is on thin ice. lol
Lol good question, I doubt Chrysler would warranty the engine in that truck! My guess is in that price is an aftermarket warranty, or possibly the dealer takes care of it on their own. I'm not really sure though

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was thinking around that for the motor. The upper level LSx motors are'nt cheap either. So that makes sense.

Ehhhhh.... You can get a built LS pretty damn cheap. Certainly one that will make 700 hp. Hell, go get a LS7, throw heads, cam, intake, and a couple of other small mods on it and you're there naturally aspirated for half the price.

According to wiki the 8HP70 max power handing is 700. So that thing is on thin ice. lol

Yes, the 8HP70 is in the 6.4L Challengers and Chargers.

The 8HP70 is 700 newton meters, which is about 516 foot pounds.
The 8HP90 is 900 Nm, or about 664 ft lb, just BARELY above the stock hellcat motor. That same transmission is working just fine in cars making 50% more torque and power than the stock engine though. It stands to reason that the 8HP70 would be similar, meaning that it should be able to handle 650 ft lbs without a problem.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Ehhhhh.... You can get a built LS pretty damn cheap. Certainly one that will make 700 hp. Hell, go get a LS7, throw heads, cam, intake, and a couple of other small mods on it and you're there naturally aspirated for half the price.

I was thinking more along the lines of stock LSx motor. Like a LS9 or LSA. Yeah, you can definitely build a LS3 cheaper than buying a LSA or LS9.

LS9 Crate Engine - Race Engine | Chevrolet

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was thinking more along the lines of stock LSx motor. Like a LS9 or LSA. Yeah, you can definitely build a LS3 cheaper than buying a LSA or LS9.

LS9 Crate Engine - Race Engine | Chevrolet

Ah I get what you're saying.

Generally LS stuff is SUPER CHEAP compared to almost anything else. Even with the "Corvette Tax" a lot of the parts on my vette are cheaper than the stuff on my Ram. The engine stuff is stupid cheap. I can get a cam kit for the Ls7 with springs, retainers, cam, pushrods, and more for less than just the cost of the cam in my truck.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Ah I get what you're saying.

Generally LS stuff is SUPER CHEAP compared to almost anything else. Even with the "Corvette Tax" a lot of the parts on my vette are cheaper than the stuff on my Ram. The engine stuff is stupid cheap. I can get a cam kit for the Ls7 with springs, retainers, cam, pushrods, and more for less than just the cost of the cam in my truck.

You can thank VVT for that. The non VVT Hemi motors are pretty cheap to throw a cam in as well.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
ew whys it so flashy... Should be a RCSB or an R/T and completely stock looking aside from a hellcat badge where the hemi one goes.

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
On one hand, he might as well light his money on fire - He will never see the return... but on the other hand... ONE and ONLY Hellcat Ram...:naughty:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
A dealer is not the same as Ram
I didn't say it was. You said an owner with a lot of money did this, however that isn't the case. The dealership built this truck

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
ew whys it so flashy... Should be a RCSB or an R/T and completely stock looking aside from a hellcat badge where the hemi one goes.

If they were going to do a CC and lift it like they did, they should of made it more like the Jeep Trailcat. An offroad beast. Otherwise they should of started with an R/T and made as close to what a factory SRT Ram would be.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Someone had to write the check.
The Ram dealership wrote the cheque. As of yet the truck hasn't been sold to a customer. Currently it is still being built

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
6 pages in and im the only one that thinks it should be a LIFTED Hellcat RAM:party36:

I would be stoked for a lifted Ram Hellcat if it was done right. This one just seems to confused on what it wants to be. As someone else mentioned, it's lifted but has those horrible stock tires that can't even get traction on dry pavement with the factory Hemi. It needs some Mopar beadlock wheels wearing big ass tires and a Power Wagon suspension. :naughty:

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not a big fan of the inner spokes being painted. Not my style, think it looks tacky. Whereas if he bought rims for it and had maybe a red line going the circumference of the wheel like often fast nice factory vehicles do it would be more in line with a Hellcat. Or just black ones wheels would look nice, but the tire situation definitely needs to be addressed.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
6 pages in and im the only one that thinks it should be a LIFTED Hellcat RAM:party36:

Only if it gets the whole Ram Runner treatment or its just a waste. kinda like lipstick on a pig.... (not saying our rams are pigs) ya'll get my drift.

I did see the other day a Minotaur Ram with a 4.1 Whipple charger on it, wonder what kinda of power it was spitting out.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly I'm not really impressed by a hellcat being put in and that kind of money being spent....
You could buy a new R/T for $45k, buy this Arrington 448 Crate Engine - shopHEMI.com for 18k get 630hp out of a N/A motor and who knows what (claimed 1000hp) with boost so even if a chop charged you 10k to do the swap your looking at 73K for a 630-1000hp "SRT" Ram.. thats alot better than the money they are asking for a used hellcat motor and you can also get a warranty on a N/A motor from Arrington. Just doesn't make sense to do a hellcat swap financially when there are better options out there. Just my .02