Spohn Rear Suspension Kit & TufTruck Rear Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dawizman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, my brothers truck has been suffering from a sagging rear end for a couple months now. He has also had some issues with the rear end swaying when you get on the gas. He brought it in to the dealership, and was told that his rear coils needed to be replaced, and his rear control arm bushings were worn & needed to be replaced as well. They gave him a quote for about $800 in parts, and $700 labour to do the repair.

I told him that I would find him better quality parts for cheaper, and help him install them as well. So, we ended up ordering the Spohn rear suspension package which included non adjustable upper & lower control arms with polyurethane bushings, as well as a track bar with polyurethane bushings. Total cost, shipped to Canada was $600. Then we ordered a set of TufTruck rear coil springs with 25% greater carrying capacity. He hauls a camper from time to time, so these seemed like a good fit. Total cost of these, shipped, was $210. So all together he was out $810, which is $10 more than what the dealer was charging for OEM parts, but he also got a new track bar out of the deal, and obviously better parts.

The install took about 3 hours all together laying on the shop floor, and getting covered in melted snow & salt off the truck. The control arms were the biggest pain in the ass. The bolts had to be torqued to 225 ft-lbs. He gained 3/4" unloaded at the rear wheel well directly over the axle, so his springs were definitely shot. As we found out, most of the rubber bushings were shot as well.

After half a day, he already says the truck feels better than the day he bought it. It's solid now under acceleration, and he has more traction in 2wd than he's ever felt before.

Anyways, here are some pictures:

Lower Control Arms:
IMAG0013_zps35e6897f.jpg

IMAG0012_zpse079e493.jpg

Upper Control Arms:

IMAG0016_zps2b6e4d5b.jpg

IMAG0019_zpsdeed4f7f.jpg

Track Bars:

IMAG0020_zps5dd9f963.jpg

Coils (Factory coils are on top)

IMAG0007_zps7aa82e54.jpg

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I see they took my suggestion and started putting the e-brake bracket on only one lower bar. They used to put them on both bars which is pretty pointless.
They're great guys to work with and make good parts.
I've made several suggestions for their Dodge stuff that they put into production and I'm really happy with their parts that I run personally.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NICE parts.
Has your bro commented on the ride quality? With 25% more spring capacity I would have to think the ride would be noticeably firmer.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
These parts look great! I hope they are still made in a few years when I'll need em!

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for posting the pics! I hadn't gotten a chance to take any yet thanks to working the night shift so if you can imagine all of your parts in black, now you know what mine look like lol. Glad y'all were as pleased with the results as I was with mine.

OP
OP
D

Dawizman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Re: Spohn Rear Suspension Kit & TufTruck Rear Coils

NICE parts.
Has your bro commented on the ride quality? With 25% more spring capacity I would have to think the ride would be noticeably firmer.

He said it's a bit more firm, but it still rides pretty nice on the rough back roads he has to drive to get home.

He is super impressed with the results. Enough so, that he would put these parts on a brand new truck!