To Sport or not to Sport. That is the question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kneedraggin636

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Folks,

I have a 2013 Express QC and I want to upgrade to a CC. I had considered trading in on a Certified Pre-Owned 2014 Express CC with 33K miles. Dealer is asking $27,997. Then I came across a 2012 Sport CC with 46K miles. Dealer is asking $29,999.

At first I thought the Express was enough and by rights, it probably is. But then I drove the Sport and loved all the extra creature feature. Although, I'm not sure it's worth it to go down a year and up $2K. Although worth is subjective right?

Thoughts from the forum?

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For about $37,500 you can get a brand new Sport. Something to consider. Then you’ll have a brand new truck that’ll last you longer = cheaper. Check Dennis Dillon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep in mind also the what should be an 8 spd trans in the express vs I think the 12 come with a 5 spd.. food for thought might wanna test drive both

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At those prices/ages, I'd really consider buying new. With the better interest rates and various incentives on new, your monthly would probably be close to the same--plus you'll have a new truck, warranty, and get exactly what you want. Food for thought.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Shoot you could get a new CC express for very close to that used price.
I paid that for my new qc Express.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Those prices are kind of high, but most dealers start high knowing they'll have to haggle. A fair price for that Sport is at likely 2 to 3 thousand lower than what they're asking, depending on options.

I'd agree with the others' posts about considering new. Unless you don't plan to keep it very long, it's worth it to spend a few thousand more for new. Better interest rate, longer loan term if you need a lower payment, warranty, no inherited issues. Not to mention that new car smell.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a ‘14 CC Express. Bought it New. And after about a year or so I wish I had gotten the sport.
If I was in your shoes, I would seriously look at pricing out a new sport. Like others have said, incentives and special pricing currently you oils be paying about the same as the used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agree with other folks.

I looked up the inventory of the dealer I just bought my RAM 1500... You can get a brand new 2017 Express CC with 5.7L HEMI for less than that. With different colors to choose...

2017 Ram 1500 Express Inventory

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For about $37,500 you can get a brand new Sport. Something to consider. Then you’ll have a brand new truck that’ll last you longer = cheaper. Check Dennis Dillon!

I agree with this statement. I was looking at used and also wanted a Sport. But with the incentives going on now with 2017's I bought new with a lower interest rate.

Keep in mind also the what should be an 8 spd trans in the express vs I think the 12 come with a 5 spd.. food for thought might wanna test drive both

The 8 speed in a new truck is a better option than the 2012 with the six speed. Plus full warranty on a brand new transmission even if you do have an issue.

At those prices/ages, I'd really consider buying new. With the better interest rates and various incentives on new, your monthly would probably be close to the same--plus you'll have a new truck, warranty, and get exactly what you want. Food for thought.

:happy107:

Trooper2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I paid 37k for a big horn. Just saying

OP
OP
K

kneedraggin636

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that problem is solved. Stopped by my local Ram dealer (the other trucks were at a dealership a few towns over where my friend works) and signed papers on a 2017 Express CC 5.7 black on black on black edition. It was fun trying to find that in the dark on an unlit overflow lot with about 100 other trucks. With all the rebates and incentives, I leased for $295/mo and put a fat check back in my pocket. As part of the deal, they are installing the Bilsteins I purchased for my other truck.

Picking it up in the morning. I'll post some pics here when I get it.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
I bought my 15 sport for $32900 with 30k miles on it. Every option with 8 sp, 3.92 gears and 4x4. Love it! Does everything I could ask for and more. Indiana pricing though.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that problem is solved. Stopped by my local Ram dealer (the other trucks were at a dealership a few towns over where my friend works) and signed papers on a 2017 Express CC 5.7 black on black on black edition. It was fun trying to find that in the dark on an unlit overflow lot with about 100 other trucks. With all the rebates and incentives, I leased for $295/mo and put a fat check back in my pocket. As part of the deal, they are installing the Bilsteins I purchased for my other truck.

Picking it up in the morning. I'll post some pics here when I get it.

Congrats! You'll be happy with your new truck. Take some pics and show us!

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agree with other folks.

I looked up the inventory of the dealer I just bought my RAM 1500... You can get a brand new 2017 Express CC with 5.7L HEMI for less than that. With different colors to choose...

2017 Ram 1500 Express Inventory

Those prices include hefty cash down from the buyer so in reality they are not less.

For the OP, I have a 2014 Express bought new and I liked it for what it didn't have. I wouldn't use power seats, I prefer cloth over leather and don't care for things like heated seats.

What it did have that I liked were the projector headlights, led tails, no side emblems and black wheels. So as you will see it all comes down to your individual wants and needs so go with what you feel will give you long term satisfaction.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Congrats!!! I love my CC express! Good choice. I’m not a fan of creature features that break. I’ll take my simple truck any day [emoji6]
3c56f33cdd18ca416756f06605c7c9e7.jpg

BlackOps6

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats!!! I love my CC express! Good choice. I’m not a fan of creature features that break. I’ll take my simple truck any day [emoji6]
3c56f33cdd18ca416756f06605c7c9e7.jpg

I agree with you. I wanted a all black cc with a hemi. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I did however add a Sport hood.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk