Sport Ram Build: "Alpine sound system"; Is it available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Only says Uconnect® 8.4A AM/FM/BT/ACCESS

Also, Is the Big Horn "Premium cloth bucket seat" the same as standard on the Sport or is the Sport the regular cloth bucket seat?

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
You have to get a certain package to get it. Build one online and you'll see. I ordered my Sport with the Alpine.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

OP
OP
R

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
You have to get a certain package to get it. Build one online and you'll see. I ordered my Sport with the Alpine.

I did build at ramtrucks.com. It does not give the alpine system as an option. Weird that it did for you and doesn't list it for me. I will try again. Thanks!

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Add the "Sport Premium Group".

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Premium cloth just means it's a powered seat but the normal cloth. Nothing like the sport vinyl/mesh

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not very much though. It's pretty similar, at least to me. But all premium means is it comes with power and then a couple other things like the 110 outlet

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The cloth did change colors :)

$miley

OP
OP
R

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Add the "Sport Premium Group".

ah. ok. It doesn't say anywhere that has "alpine" after adding, though. My printout says 6 speakers.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ah. ok. It doesn't say anywhere that has "alpine" after adding, though. My printout says 6 speakers.

I don't think 6 speakers is the Alpine system. My QC had six, but was not Alpine. I think the Alpine has 8.

OP
OP
R

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I don't think 6 speakers is the Alpine system. My QC had six, but was not Alpine. I think the Alpine has 8.

Yes, 6 speakers is not the alpine. It is what the build sheet says after adding "Sport Premium Group". But it was posted that this does add the Alpine sound system so perhaps the build sheet just doesn't reflect the add-on. I have tried the build several times now and it comes up with same thing.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would see if you can talk to someone about that cause if you are spending the money make sure you get exatly what you want.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
4th one up from the bottom... This is my option sheet from my build.

Attachments

• RAM 2013 CC Sport 4x4 .jpg
    RAM 2013 CC Sport 4x4 .jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 210

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you listened to the Alpine system?
I would STRONGLY suggest spending some time, with your own music, listening in an Alpine equipped truck. It's a polarizing system. Many of us absolutely HATE it, many absolutely love it.
If I got to order a truck with or without it there would be only 1 choice; how to spend the money I saved by not ordering that $hit-a$$ sounding "premium" P.O.S. system on other mods.
:flipthebird: Alpine system.

OP
OP
R

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Have you listened to the Alpine system?
I would STRONGLY suggest spending some time, with your own music, listening in an Alpine equipped truck. It's a polarizing system. Many of us absolutely HATE it, many absolutely love it.
If I got to order a truck with or without it there would be only 1 choice; how to spend the money I saved by not ordering that $hit-a$$ sounding "premium" P.O.S. system on other mods.
:flipthebird: Alpine system.

HA HA!
No I have not as yet listened. I used to be an acoustics snob - ahem, discretionary listener, but now I am not as concerned (don't really listen to radio or dvd's much anymore) but do hate to waste money on something I do not like. In fact, I was debating this very thing right before I read your post and looking at various aftermarket products. Any particular single din radio you would suggest; is there a really good single out there or does one have to get a double din?

Since I have started researching this 2013 RAM that I am going to order, several things have changed in what I thought I wanted. 17" wheels instead of 20", Possibly and quite likely Pentastar instead of Hemi V8, and possibly the sound system, sport instead of bighorn.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I've listened to it and while it's not amazing, it's not horrible either. Since it's my DD and I'm not cruising the avenue looking for chics in it, I think it'll suffice.

Chris

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That web-based build thing is a base starting point, I think. You could go to a dealership and tell them you want a truck with certain things/combinations that the rules of the website won't allow. There use to be some things the dealership could add, as well. They used to be able to add navigation to a truck that didn't come from the factory with it. I'm not sure if they still do that or not, though.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HA HA!
No I have not as yet listened. I used to be an acoustics snob - ahem, discretionary listener, but now I am not as concerned (don't really listen to radio or dvd's much anymore) but do hate to waste money on something I do not like. In fact, I was debating this very thing right before I read your post and looking at various aftermarket products. Any particular single din radio you would suggest; is there a really good single out there or does one have to get a double din?

Since I have started researching this 2013 RAM that I am going to order, several things have changed in what I thought I wanted. 17" wheels instead of 20", Possibly and quite likely Pentastar instead of Hemi V8, and possibly the sound system, sport instead of bighorn.

We each have to do what's right for US. You may find the stereo sounds amazing to you; that would be wonderful.
17's will keep your options open for tires (another thing we hadn't considered).
If the Pentastar and its figures match your needs, why would you pay for the gas a Hemi uses? It's good to consider your options.

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the bighorn I think the package falls under the "technology package"
It's not the best but it ALOT better than the regular factory 6speaker system.