stored message "brake light out"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aztrashmn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 4x4
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 13 2500 4x4 I have a stored message that a brake light is out. replaced bulb. is there a way to reset or delete the message. or should it clear itself

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
It'll clear itself after it sees you've replaced the bulb

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
My 16 Longhorn has the same message after huge rain in South Carolina. Brake light is not out.

Guess I’ll have to open it up and take bulb out then put it back in.

More crappy FCA electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My 16 Longhorn has the same message after huge rain in South Carolina. Brake light is not out.

Guess I’ll have to open it up and take bulb out then put it back in.

More crappy FCA electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you check all the brake lights? The picture that shows up on the cluster is just a generic picture. It doesn’t actually show which brake light is out.

If it happened after a storm you probably got water into the 3rd brake light and caused it to blow.

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
Did you check all the brake lights? The picture that shows up on the cluster is just a generic picture. It doesn’t actually show which brake light is out.

If it happened after a storm you probably got water into the 3rd brake light and caused it to blow.

Thanks for the heads up. I did not check the 3rd brake light. Will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Yep, super common - the factory gasket is total crap - a think piece of porous foam if I remember right. The one on my 2014 went out just a few months after I got the truck due to me parking outside on a slight uphill incline. All the water that hits the roof runs over the back of the cab. I fixed it in 5 minutes in the Home Depot parking lot with a piece of thick rubber weather-stripping. It's been fine ever since - 5+ years.